+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it time to give others a chance?

Is it time to give others a chance?

Thinking that the manager needs to show some and start dropping the under achievers. Let them warm the bench for a few games. I wasn't at the game today but was there on Wednesday and we were woeful and by all accounts by what I have read so far we were not much better today. Taylor must have touched the ball all of three time on Wednesday and looked way short of the player we have been told he is. Jack.leitch has performed.way better. Josh law.has been poor. Drop him for luke watt. Marvin was not good on Wednesday and at one point you could hear a team mate shouting to him do your f ing job. Which speaks volumes. Dom Thomas deserves a start. Even if it's just the first half. Chalmers hasn't done much wrong but has been dropped. Would be tempted to put him in beside Keith to see what he can do. Things defiantly need shaken up a bit.

re: Is it time to give others a chance?

Both full backs, Law and Hammell need dropped as they are performing poorly. Unfortunately Luke Watt is injured but Kieran Kennedy can play RB I believe. On the left Joe Chalmers is due a chance. Central midfield is still a huge concern. Lasley is struggling to compete this year, Leitch won't make the grade and Taylor is struggling to make any impact (early days in his case). Our only decent central midfielder is out injured for 6 weeks. Another central midfielder is a must, I'd say. There's no doubt that central midfield and both full back positions are where our problems lie.

Kennedy deserves a chance. I seriously doubt Chalmers is better than even an off form Hammell but there's a case to be made for letting him prove it.

We could chuck in Clarkson and Thomas from the start - they can certainly say they're due a proper opportunity after the last three games. Midfield is a huge worry though, there's not a single (available) player you'd currently back to play a decisive role. I'd chuck an extra body in there (Leitch, in the absence of anyone else) to give Lasley and Taylor some help - it will create a problem elsewhere but quite frankly that's something we'll just have to deal with separately as the Lasley/Taylor duo looks like returning null point any time soon.

Think it is time to make a few changes as if players think they are automatic picks the effort might not be there

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)