+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it worth it?

Is it worth it?

You spend half the week waiting for Saturday to come, hoping for your team to do well, but most importantly a game showing the effort and skills you can only dream of having yourself. You put to the back of your mind that most of the ones your cheer on are often the type of overpaid asshole you really wouldn't want to meet in the real world. Now the cheating in the game is so widespread they are openly admitting to it! Mourinho last week complaining that his own clubs medics went to treat a player because he was only feigning injury in order to waste time! Today a player openly admits that 'we are told to go down when we feel a slight contact in the box'. Encouraged by the idiots on Match of the day coming out with comments like 'there was contact so he was entitled to go down' and 'he anticipated contact so it's OK', kind of like a mugger saying 'I anticipated the old granny wanted me to have her life savings'. The problem is they know nothing will happen about it, the FA will do swee

re: Is it worth it?

Just be grateful for the 2 late barely deserved equalisers you've had or you'd be sat at the bottom of the league where you belong..

Thats a bit harsh jordan You are quite right Yorky, a very good post, unfortunately I have a grandson who scores for fun but he practices his dramatic going down if touched in the box, as you say the pundits dont do the game any good with their sloppy banter.

Not got used to his sense of humour yet then Pat?

I would have more chance understanding the bible.

Great post Yorky

Well for a Dingle anyway

I stopped watching tennis in the era when player abuse of the officials was virtually condoned by the ruling body. (To be more accurate, a blind eye was turned...many blind eyes!) I have never gone back to the sport.

The behaviour you describe here, Yorky, is a disgrace. When I see/hear the worst examples, I think to myself, "This isn't sport", but I can't bring myself to give football up.
    You're right: the FA should introduce much stronger powers in terms of retrospective action against cheats.

I stopped wishing to meet footballers after meeting al shearer and getting his autograph at plessie fields where rovers used to train. The arrogance of the man just shined through and he wouldn't even make eye contact..

Never mind. Still a rovers legend and the best all round footballer I've ever seen live. Will love the guy forever..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)