+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You want positive?

re: You want positive?

I get that Dan. But I when you view something through only passionate eyes, you will have a distorted view of what is actually happening. Football is a results business, but you do need to look at the bigger picture sometimes, that's where balance comes in. It was all depression after one game. One game of football against Wolves. IMO it was radiculous to be writing off Rovers after one game. Seeing only the negative is not passion either. It's just seeing only negatives. Looking at both sides Is adding balance. Something I thought was severely lacking.

Champ, like yourself I did not see any of the game last night, nor any this season so far (been away a lot).
    I think the slant towards the 'positive' was in reaction to the 'negative' slant being bandied towards any that came across as far too negative.
    My take on this, as a reader of reports from the diligent souls that attend regularly, is that yes there are some shoots of positivity showing, but from where they sit they still see the errors within the team/display that concerns far more in comparison.
    Yes GB has a job on his hands, everyone acknowledges that, but this 'learning curve' is taking one hell of an inordinate time to ascend.
    The 'anxiety' is towards the only salvation available to us i.e. promotion (and the riches bestowed), but there is still as yet no real sign that this squad and manager can make the grade.
    Having said that, its early days yet (very early days) and this is the Champs ! yoursake
    Like I report (very boringly I know), my instinct tells me t

No Champs, it was NOT depression after ONE game. It was depression with the "oh God, here we go again" performance. For the majority of the last 2 seasons, Rovers have been a messy outfit on the pitch, with roles unidentified, width, missing presumed kidnapped. But then every now and then, a flash or a spark that showed what could be achieved. It was not one game, it was the relentless. As I said, everything I read and write myself, must be balanced fully in the job I do. I know what it is and I cannot be bothered with it when it comes to leisure time. I want passion on the pitch and some form of organisation. Last night, it looked hopeful on that front. Whether it’s a flash in the pan, only time will tell.

Despair sez "It would seem that Dan saw more of a committed display, albeit on a individual basis, and is hankering over a more collective cohesive display. "

Spot on Despair, nail on head. Results based business or not, I'd rather see 'em die trying than not try at all.

I dont think my post is all negative the first half was poor and the goal was Rayas fault . Kote has looked OK coming on as a sub , but last night I thought he looked a standard below where we are . I have stated the second half was much better , but much better than not a lot still leaves us in the bottom 8 . I still think Lowe is a better RB then CM , in fact he will never make a career in CM , Akpan and Barrow I have praised . Duffy and Hanley look awful together and have for a long time . Conway I rate and even on a bad night he created our goal and worked tirelessly , I back Raya , but if the crowd get on his back it could ruin him . Like I said not all doom and gloom , but we face a difficult season .
    "Heres my two pennoth .
    First half poor , their goal was a calamity of errors , mainly Raya`s fault for poor kicking and distribution . Kote was poor and showed what I thought he had , very little . 2nd half was much better , but still much ado about nowt . The team looked better

I reckon there were two matches on the same evening.
    Most of the posters here saw at least SOME positives.
    Many of the posters on the LET site saw almost nothing good!
    To some extent, obviously, people watch through their own prejudices, but the differences are extreme in this case.
    Incidentally, Raya's error wasn't as bad as I expected from the reports. It would have gone unnoticed usually, but Cardiff exploited it particularly well.

I think the majority of posters on the LET site do not attend games so just see the result and nothing more
    I feel that was our best performance this season by a long long way and many positives can be taken from it
    as for raya I hope he continues his confident start and not let this goal affect him
    yes he was partly to blame but so was spurr who seemed to let the Cardiff player waltz past him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)