+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tonight

Tonight

Once again we UFt an puff can believe we were the same side as Sunday at Wigan but we still haven't concerned a goal in open play but on the other hand we have not scred so at the end of the day next May goals for 1 goals against 1 points 46 but I will still keep the faith rovers till idie

re: Tonight

Look on the bright side Lifelong. There are sure to be one or two more penalties awarded before the end of the season + one or two miscued shots that find the net....

By my reckoning we have lost 10 players who played last year - Furman, McCombe, Razak, Robinson, Wakefield, Stevens, Wabara, Bennett, Peterson, Bywater plus Lewis Ferguson.

We have brought in - Chaplow, Williams, Stuckmann, MacKenzie, Taylor-Sinclair and N'Guessan.

We are still a number of players short and no news if anything is being done.

Already we have injuries associated with Jones, Tyson, Chaplow, Keegan and N'Guessan and with little or no contingency.

After the good pre-season games I had a glimmer of hope that this season will be something good, but already that is sliding away and I wouldn't waste my money on a season ticket. 3 points from 3 games is just the same as saying we have lost 2 and won only 1. That's nothing to get excited about if it continues. Tyson was our top scorer last year and losing him even for only 6 weeks will cost us heavily as we continue to fail to find the net. Williams alone will not do enough (when he eventually scores a league goal)

Allways Look on the bright side I will be raring to go again sat i hope the excitement is not too much for me at my time of life.

I am struggling to make sense of what is happening so far this season. We currently have 23 players who have been allocated team numbers, plus N'Guessan who has yet to make an appearance. This must surely be the smallest squad we have ever had to start a new season. Of those 24, 7 are ex-Academy players, of whom 2 have not yet made a first team appearance. None of them has reached the age of 21, so have little professional experience.

In Wednesday's match, 4 players were listed as playing outside of their normal position. Forrester as a midfielder, Coppinger as a striker, Evina a midfielder and P McKay a defender. Also McCullough has been asked to play at right-back instead of his preferred position at centre-back. He is reported to have said "Obviously it's new for me, I'm still trying to adjust to it".

Why are so many playing out of position? Is it because we had injuries (Jones, Tyson, N'Guessan) and there was insufficient contingency? Or is the manager experimenting, like he

Well, well, well. What did I say "I predict this team will not get us into the playoffs.".

We were just hammered 3-0 (and I mean HAMMERED) by the team tipped to be 23rd at the end of the season.

Only an idiot would believe we will get to the play-offs with Dickov in charge. And I will keep saying it.

It's bad enough not having enough players this season knowing we could get injuries, and then we get injuries Dickov plays players in the wrong position so they never work as a team. Players should not have to fit in with the Dickov-style. Players should be playing how/where they feel most natural or we have not recruited the right players.

I said last season I cannot understand why the board have stood behind Dickov for so long, and yet they still continue to support a manager who has delivered NOTHING since he came to Donny. Please prove me wrong!!. When will the pro-Dickov, rose-coloured spectacle, "we can still do it" bunch wake up?