+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear AFC board, please do the right thing...

Dear AFC board, please do the right thing...

and rid us of our clueless manager before the season is too late. There is no turnaround in this slump anytime soon, trust me. Let's gamble with a new manager, with new ideas/fresh impetus, while the season is still in its infancy. We're going nowhere fast, but the Highland League. Take the honourable step and pay Todd Lumsden his compensation money. It's plainly obvious he is underperforming with the set of players at his disposal. He continues by the week to make bewildering and desperate changes to the team. He's plainly out of his depth and you(the board) now hold the future of AFC in your hands.

Yours sincerely,

The Refhater.

re: Dear AFC board, please do the right thing...

Dear Mr Refhater,

It's only a matter of time, Todd knows it, the players know it, the committee know it, and the fans know it. Only a dramatic turnaround can save Todd from the axe.

Can't for the life of me understand why Lumsden was given a 2 year contract. I hope there is clauses related to performances and league position which give the club the right to sack him accordingly.Will not be there next week due to a holiday,a defeat must surely spell the end of his tenure.If not I will be giving serious consideration to my attending games to watch absolute drivel.

He has to go, never make your 2ic manager when he failed first time around.

Oh I think he'll be in charge no matter, for the Berwick game. It might take ten or so defeats before anybody seriously considers his position! Can't believe the optimism on these pages and "Pie and Bovril". Seriously misplaced if you ask me. I'll eat my hat if we beat Berwick next week. We simply aren't doing enough to ever win a game at present. Queens Park were well worth their win today as I've said before. They took their 'foot of the pedal' after their second. The game could well have ended in our third consecutive 3-0 defeat. The 1-2 flattered us, even if admittedly the performance was improved, in comparison to the Montrose game. Yet, we won't be winning any games soon without significant change. That should and could be achieved through the appointment of a new manager...

" bewildering and desperate changes to the team." you got it in one Refhater,same with some of his signings, the man dosen't have a clue and if supporters cant see this right now and allow it to go on until half way through the season and then start calling for his head it will be too late.QP were no great shakes and it could have been worse if they had not backed of after the second goal.

For anyone thinking Lumsden is doing a good job, bear in mind he was the assistant manager during our catastrophic slump since January. How many competitive games have we won since then?
    The notion that "It's Wasn't my fault" won't wash as if he was a good assistant he would do something to stop the rot. Or was the rot down to him?
    Should we have sacked Lumsden and kept Moore?

From the comments on this thread it is very clear that the football on display is barely worth watching and that is down to the managers signings. He had a full summer to make sure he brought in the right personnel and has failed. The side should be reasonably settled after 3 games with maybe minor changes to be made but he is bringing in loan players and trialists as a panic measure as the signed guys are either not good enough, not being properly managed or not interested. I suspect the middle one. No way should we be pointless and propping up the league with players like LInn, Whateley, Little and Stoney to a few in our side. Still time for the board to turn this round but we cannot afford to get tailed off at the bottom as last season saw Montrose in that position and despite improving towards the season end they found the gap impossible to close. If the board don't act this week then they must if we lose at Berwick or the Highland League is a distinct possibility for next sea

The big problem is that the Board who signed Lumsden don't want to admit their huge mistake. It's just a matter of time before they will admit that Lumsden, not them was at fault, "not a good fit", or, "felt that it was time to part", or some other politically correct rubbish. I for one don't want to join the sheep sha$$ers in the Highland League next season.
    You, the Board are fully responsible for hiring this clown, time to fold up the circus tent, and do it now.

3 games into the season seems to be a bit early to be pressing the panic button. Todd appears to be a decent fellow who has assembled a good squad. Maybe he just needs some time to find the right blend.

As one of our rivals pointed out on another forum, we are in danger of sounding like the "Clyde of the North". A meltdown now would surely see us in relegation trouble. No-one is doing that well and 6 points is nothing at this stage. Maybe we should give the boy a break?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)