+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stevie Mays to sign !!! Itk

re: Stevie Mays to sign !!! Itk

He has been officially put on the transfer/loan market by Wednesday now

I never wanted him here in the first place , wasn't proven for the amount of money put on his head.
    Do I want him here now? Well I think he would do better here than where he is now but what is the price?, would it be permanent or loan? If it was a loan then I wouldn't agree with that,it's putting him on show for another club and means dropping one of our own players.

I listened to what Evo had to say in his interview, and whilst I agree with him about clubs not getting into debt, it's about getting the balance right. For example, what would relegation cost the Millers? Anything less than that invested in a striker who will keep the club in the division has to be worth his money. In that sense May is indeed worth his money. Is Hooper worth £5 million in wages to Wednesday? No, not in my opinion. You pay that to a player to get you promotion, and this Wednesday side will not go up with or without him. It's not what a player is worth, it's what he's worth to you. Rotherham have got to buy players with potential and develop them, there's no alternative. If Evo still wants May, then TS should sanction it.

Fully agree with that LesHiboux. Personally I think May would be a good signing for us but only if it was a permanent deal.
    His style of play would fit in well with Evo's high work rate ethic and the goals could start flowing for him again.
    Go get him please Mr Evans! UTM.

Well, I would think that the moment is probably now ripe. He's never had a chance here, and clearly he ain't ever going to have one now. But I agree that from Rotherham's point of view it should be a permanent deal. Otherwise Rotherham will sharpen him up and then the Owls will sell him on to a third party. That's happened to us plenty of times in the past.

Be a tough deal to do. His performances and goal return (or lack of) mean he's not worth anything like what Wednesday paid. Why would Wednesday take a big loss? And how could we justify paying anything like what he cost last year for a player who's not done anything yet at this level?

And then there's wages. He'll surely have a decent wage. And he got a fairly long contract. For us to chuck a decent fee, we'd need him on a decent length deal. But for him to take a pay cut he'd want a short contract (more chance to renegotiate or force a transfer if he proves himself).

Hooper is going nowhere. According to Norwich. Especially after the Grabban debacle

Don't think it matters about Hooper. Wednesday have transfer listed May. They obviously have their sights elsewhere and May will be moving on

I don't think that signing May right now is the right thing to do for the club.

We need players that we can make money from when the time is right for us to let them go. With May we would be looking at maybe a 1 year deal that would cost us an arm and a leg if he did not drop his wage demands. If he was to be successful in that year then we would get nothing back for the money we would have spent on him.

On the other hand, if he is not successful we would have lost a lot of money just on a 1 year deal! You cant do business like that or you are just asking for trouble.

The best way to go about business is to get in a young lad with potential at around £250,000/£300,000 and tie them to a 3 year contract on incremental wages depending on how well they do at the club.

if may is leaving wednesday and he failed, his wages aren't relevant because why would anyone want to pay a player those wages if he hasn't adapted to english football. If he was willing to sign last year for the money we offered until massive came in, why not now, we should enquire at least speak to his representatives and to the massive.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast