+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stevie Mays to sign !!! Itk

re: Stevie Mays to sign !!! Itk

To sign May would mean us splitting up a nucleus of Derbs and JCH that is still developing....

Bring in May and drop who and piss off who by dropping them?

No no no... Let it go.... He didn't want us the first time around and if I'm not mistaken Evans said he'd burnt his bridge and he would never sign him...

Big mistake let him fester with his weekly wage...,

re: Stevie Mays to sign !!! Itk

All deals for strikers are difficult to do, even when a club has the money. Look at the problems the Owls are having. The problem with May is that people expected far too much from him. £800 000 for a striker at this level is peanuts, and for that money you get a striker with potential which a club has to develop. That's not happened at Hillsborough; sure, May's worked with the coaches, but it's all about playing and he's never had a run in the team in his proper position. Frankly, I don't want him sold but this new regime want instant results, and that precludes the likes of May. For all his critics, Evo can judge a player, and I can see why he wanted him. The service to the forwards last season in the Wednesday team was lousy, which largely comprised hoofing the ball up to Nuhiu, with the other strikers living off the scraps. How would May have performed with the ball delivered correctly into the area? We'll never know, but the lad can finish. OK, he needs more strength in this leagu

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345