+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bolton game

re: Bolton game

Well guys my first viewing this year , well 80 mins of it.
    Sorry to say my forum is taking put for now. That was pretty awful and painful to watch.
    Two very poor teams. Someone may correct me as I drowsed off, but it may have been 75 mins or so before any goal was hit on target. This may have not been so bad if all had been half chances, but it was riddled with good clear opportunities.
    I'll say it again: Mr Marshall a mainstay ???
    Very poor mid, very predictable game play missing out this Bermuda Triangle.
    Only time anything came to life was when this Koita guy entered the game.
    Other than that - zilch.
    Sorry about the negativity.
    I expected to see a refreshed game plan performance , but was far worse than I could have feared.
    For me JR's valuation is under threat. As it has been since turning down that alleged 12m offer.
    Just how many more times do we have to endure the interminable long throw tactic???

Is all this 'bad luck' Gona reverse itself ASAP as time is mos

I think everyone has summed up pretty much what we all feel, a lot of hard work is needed yet to get anywhere near a mid-table side.
    Probably the nearest we got to some excitement was Lennon kicking the bucket, thankfully Duffy was on the post to stop Heskeys shot.
    Big hugs between the managers said a lot, two very relieved tactical geniuses who remain in work.

Auck's wash your mouth with soap & water for the above remark.

"I now also see this squad as ' not up to the mark' all down to tactics, confidence, motivation ???"

Despair - I thought the "motivation" was there, and I DID think there was a game-plan. Unfortunately, Bolton scythed down any attempt to get to the bye-line, wide, and Plan B, to pump the ball diagonally at Rhodes - has never worked. I don't actually believe that was a "plan", as such; it's just what players do when there is a "star" striker in the team.
    My view as to why this squad is not up to the mark? I agree with Needle - the players just aren't good enough to be in the promotion-hunt. (And I'm hoping those words come back to bite me!)

"Auck's wash your mouth with soap & water for the above remark."

Pat - what I really meant was what I implied in my reply to Despair. If we are going to play the "target-man" game, it can't be with Rhodes as the target. He just isn't good enough at holding the ball up or laying it off accurately. We are going to miss Gestede badly!
    (Could

As you mention Auck's , a target man is what's needed and if Lennon can throw on the likes of Heskey for the last 10 minutes:::Wonder how much it would cost to get Shearer to do a similar job for us.

By the way aucks although Brown can do a job and can create openings, as far as I can see he wouldnt score in a brothel.

as a neutral bfc fan i think your being unduly harsh on this game id be more bothered if i was a bolton fan at least you looked potentially you might have had a goal in you bolton were shocking and looks like a relegation team

Aucks - back to the keepers. Steele cannot kick for toffee, a decent shot stopper, (slightey better than Eastwood IMHO), but he cannot take a goal kick without it going straight out for a throw in, dodgy clearing the ball from feet. Fairly basic stuff lets him down. Eastwood is no world beater, but better when you combine all the tings a keeper needs to do overall than the other options. Unfourtunately

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)