+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accept it

Accept it

We can talk this talk that , analyse defending , midfield and how crap Rhodes is if he doesn`t score . We have to accept we are not very good . We have players who can`t perform well enough at this level .
    We do still also a few who will win us just enough games to stay up . Conway , Marshall and Rhodes (he will still get at least 15 goals)
    Bowyer or whoever eventually comes in to replace him must get the correct players out on the pitch .
    Lowe in at RB , Kilgallon to replace Duffy . Guthrie and Akpan in central midfield .
    Then all we as fans can do is go and support them , booing and getting on their backs will only make it worse .

re: Accept it

Duffy was your man of the match for me from the tellybox. Enough effort within your side to keep you up this year. Can't see enough quality there to mount a play off challenge but you never know at the moment. Over half the championship games played so far have been draws.

Yes - it's a survival strategy this year, and - as Needle says - I don't think ANY manager can take the current squad to the play-off zone. If we get someone new, we might well get the "bounce" effect - as Bolton did with Lennon last season - but we are still going to be relying on effort rather than quality.
    This is why I can't understand some of the hysteria on the LET site. Do people REALLY believe that a change of manager will suddenly make us promotion candidates?

Let's= face facts we are now going to be a "Hatchery" for footballers and I fear Venkys will retain Bowyer to work in this capacity, when I see the likes of Gestede starting centre of a 4-3-3 formation at Villa, I sit back and think where did it all go wrong.!!!

Pat. Tim Sherwood is, IMO, the most inept tactical manager in the top 4 divisions. I have no doubt he can man manage, and motivate. But tactically he is woeful. He can't use Gestede. He won't use him correctly. And he will ultimately flop at villa. Because he needs 2 good wingers supplying him. Villa don't have that. Despite the formation they play. And Sherwood won't figure out how to supply him. Gestede is a very very average player with the ball to feet. He is unplayable when the ball is put in his head. At Rovers, no other player in English football scored more headers than Gestede. That suggests Bowyer did figure out how to use him. Bearing in mind he was in Cardiff reserves when we found him. Between 14-15 no striker scored more goals in the calendar year than him, as a striker. In the top 2 divisions. Again. That shows Bowyer was getting a tune out of him. But Sherwood is way too inept to figure that out. His gain for Villa is irrelevant. His loss to us is monumental. It would n

Champs I cannot fault anything you have just said above
    Rhodes is a poacher but nothing else gestede offered hold up play,unplayable presence in the air and a air of fear for opposing defender's
    Rhodes is a bit of a one trick pony who is getting found out.

Robin, I like Rhodes. And each and every time before, it's looked like he was going to leave, he came back and scored goals. I'm in no doubt he will find his scoring boots soon, and will, over a season, get the most goals for Rovers (if he stayed). He is a goal scorer. But that's it. The loss of him, but the gaining of £14m would've gone a long way. Personally I think we massively undersold Gestede. If used correctly, he'd take the Prem by storm (for a season or so anyway) as I said above, Sherwood is no tactician. And won't figure out a way of playing him to his one and only strength, the air. I'm shocked he didn't go to Albion with Pulis, who would've gotten the most out of him. But be under no illusion, Bowyer blooded him. Gave him a focal point, and we got the most we could get out of him player wise. We just didn't financially. And his loss to to us, if far bigger, than it would've been losing Rhodes. The problem isn't the lad, his demeanour etc. His ability, lack of pace. None of

Very good thought out posts Champ's but as much as i tend to agree, I also tend to disagree that Gestede can only feed off two outright wingers, he has not only got the ability to score with his head but can also use it to lay high balls down creating havoc for any defence (man of the match even though he didnt score) Hearby I rest my perry mason

Yes, it's all very good talking about managers of other teams and how ex-players will do, but this thread is supposed to be about Rovers. I agree with Needle, the squad is no longer good enough to make any type of top 6 push. What annoys me is that the football so far this season would (probably) have produced the desired results when we had better players. The moment has been and gone. Now it's just a case of trying to make sure that at least 3 teams do worse.

Exactly Dan !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)