+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could Rotherham be this year's Blackpool?

Could Rotherham be this year's Blackpool?

Rotherham could be this year's Blackpool and four other things we learned from yesterday's game. - view external link

re: Could Rotherham be this year's Blackpool?

No we are not in Lancashire and Rotherham doesn't start with a B. Lets hope it's Bolton and/or Blackburn.

Must admit that during the course of yesterday's shambles I was thinking SEs comment about there being 'no Blackpool this year' could come back to haunt him. We've certainly made a good start towards replicating their horror show. But it won't happen. Tony Stewart isn't Karl Oyston.

Noo far worse bpool weren't down at Xmas. Can anyone tell me where we will get any points from in September
    This a serious worry
    Think Stevie will be gone at the end of sept if we show no sign of improvement.

It's not quite the same thing... I don't think that Tony Stewart is DELIBERATELY trying to get us relegated, whereas the Oyston regime (for whatever strange motive) seemed hellbent on doing that

There's every chance. August was supposed to be the month we picked up points against the teams that are going to be down there with us. Made a right balls of that didn't we. If we can't beat these teams how the hell are we going to fare against the better teams.

Only coincidence is Rock, Blackpool rock, & Rotherham's boat rocking at the moment in the mire of a relegation position, but we will come good when Tony Stewart evens the keel.

Its not fair to compare the two situations. Blackpool have had a terrible, selfish chairman who has deliberately run down the playing side of the club despite having a stack of cash at his disposal, look at where they already are this season.
    We have a supportive decent man as our chairman and I hope he will push to turn things round.
    We have already given ourselves a bit of a mountain to climb but I'm reserving judgement as its miles too early to start with this type of talk.

Individually the players look good, collectively they look lost.

A DECENT TACTICAL COACH REQUIRED !!!!!!