+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Pet Gripes

re: O/T Pet Gripes

I like all of those Newcy, Eagles more than the others. But I've got a long history with electronic music, going back to groups like Kraftwerk and ever since. I loved the first two Pet Shop Boys albums back in the day. Smart lyrics, catchy melodies, strong pop hooks--what's not to like? Still play them once in awhile. Here's a favorite. If you listen carefully, their songs are peppered with these magical moments that catch you off guard, like the movement from the vocal breakdown back into the chorus around 3:10 to 3:30. - view external link

People whose musical taste does not transcend a pre-1970 barrier.......but instead is confined to a period that, like any other, has produced it's own fair share of trite sh-te (and I include that mindless nonsense mistakenly known as 'Rap' which some seek to identify as a wonderful innovative 'art form' - FFS they can't even spell it right). Newcy, mate, I usually appreciate your entertaining input, but for you to suggest that Jazz (in all it's forms) is 'pointless' just beggars belief. If you're serious then, obviously, you need help

TV weather people who end up as minor celebrities

Middle aged men who use the term dude

Envelopes that don't stick

The mega tight cellophane on DVD and CD boxes

Grizzled, surely you are not judging my state of mind based on an opinion of a music genre?
    You have voiced your opinion on Rap. Some may agree, some may not.
    That's the way it goes.

If my opinion irks you so much, it may not be me who "needs help".

Lack of passion in the stands when England football team play, compare that to what i've seen on television, watching and listening to the Wales v Israel and now the Scotland v Germany games.

That's due to the rich ring that goes round Wembley.

People who suggest you ring them, or that they'll ring you, or tell you about phoning someone else up and feel the need to mime the phone call by holding their hand like this:

Nobody picks a telephone up with their hand like that, and no actual phone receiver resembles that arthritic contortion.

You're not on "Give Us A Clue".

Just say "Ring me", "I'll ring you" or "I made a phone call"

"Middle aged men who use the term dude."

I'm a middle aged man who's been using that term for all my adult life, so I'm not likely to drop it. When did this term become common your side of the pond? I seem to recall the early 80s was when it entered the lingo of my cohort.

I heard it the other day, when some dude in the checkout line said to me "I see you have fewer items in your basket than I have, but I ain't letting you go in front of me , dude"

It is an American term and is another sad import to our vocabulary, along with..

Yo,

My bad,

and Bro

Newcy, your opinion regarding 'Jazz' does not influence my opinion of you as a valued subscriber to this forum...so please be not offended. Your totally dismissive regard for jazz did surprise me, but hey ho! to each his own..we can't all be perfect, mate.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)