+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queens & Scotland

re: Queens & Scotland

This decision will please some who do other things or have family distractions during the festive period. By the same token , it will not please those that go to Scotland games . Six of one and half a dozen of the other then . Anyone thinking we would be missing out on a bumper Boxing day crowd versus Morton of all teams needs to have a wee lie down and take a time out.

Wonder if Livingston & Queens will consider moving their January 2nd fixture so they can all get New Years Day off

The Morton fans are as unhappy about the fixture change as much as some of the Queens fans , see the P&B forum .

It looks like the decision was made to suit the players & club officials rather than the paying customers.
    No home game over the festive season & 6 weeks between home fixtures is a ridiculous decision by Queens
    I believe they've balls up here big time

There are 2 main reasons why the game should have stayed on Boxing Day:

1) Historically Boxing Day is a day for getting out of the house after being stuck inside with the relatives. It is therefore one of the few opportunities when you will get a big crowd as everyone is off work, there's no amateur football matches to compete with and folks will do anything but watch another repeat of The Two Ronnies, while listening to aunty Sally talking about the problems with her dropped stitches.
    2) Within the space of a very few weeks we will have played Morton no less than THREE times at Palmerston and so the novelty will have worn off. The fact that many will be away supporting Scotland and the schools are on holiday for the October break adds up to a no-brainer. As for the lack of income over a six week period, that is another very serious matter.

So despite the fact that I have provided at least 6 good reasons rather than just 2, - it would really be worth a re-think?

What abou

I would like to agree with you about the crowd being 1,000 bigger on Boxing day but I can't because it won't. All I can say about the poor blighters that attend Queens AND Scotland is you have my wholehearted sympathy .

Only figures I have to hand is for year 2005 when we played St Mirren at start of the season
    crowd was 1,682 and when they returned on Boxing Day it was 2,421 so some evidence that
    the attendance would be bigger but IMO the days of decent crowds on a regular basis have
    long gone apart from the visits of Rangers, Hibs, Hearts in the last two seasons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)