+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queens 0-2 St Mirren

re: Queens 0-2 St Mirren

As others have already said, another poor show at home. It says how poor we are when the likes of Jim Goodwin strolled through the game yesterday, hardly having to break sweat. It is frustrating when we give possession away too easily on too many occasions owing to misplaced passes and players trying to be too fancy. Morton, rangers and St Mirren were right in our faces and didn't give us much chance to play our preferred passing game when we have time on the ball. I also thought the three aforementioned teams showed far more technical ability than Queens in their passing, ball control and confidence on the ball. With four straight home defeats the team's confidence will obviously be shaken, let's hope they can get over it, the fans have a part to play in that too, and that it doesn't spread to their away form. Next up is Raith away and Morton at home, it would be nice to think we could get back to winning ways in both those games.

Playing Morton twice in 3 weeks after the game being switched from Boxing Day is not ideal either although both are at home

Liked the look of Conroy during the first few games but he's been posted missing recently . Hilson was another who caught the eye early on but he's now unfortunately out injured

Home performances against Livi , Morton , Rangers ( 2nd half ) & St Mirren have been pretty dreadful . There's no denying that .
    We need to get back on track ASAP . Hopefully our unbeaten away record continues this weekend at Raith

The only game we have looked convincing this season so far is against Dunbarton.
    This game was always going to be tough. The next couple of games is the big ones. Defeats here and that's when it will seriously tell

I have felt the same about Conroy and he looks unfit and not worthy ( for now) of a start . The big thing for me yesterday was that for all there were some nice passing moves it seemed like the whole team were going through the motions . No one was was prepared to really stamp their mark down and lead through example . We really need the type of player that is going to lay down a marker and get the tempo flowing through the team. Certainly Lewis Kidd at least has a lot of energy and would put him straight in without fail for Conroy ( at the moment ) .

I agree with much said about the game on here. I would add that Saints made it difficult for us by their pressing, desire and work rate and they deserve credit for that. A large part of us looking bad, mistakes, poor passing, lack of creativity etc. comes down to us being second to most things and being hassled when in possession. I think Rangers did the same.
    I hope the manager can get the team fired up for the game in Kirkcaldy. I certainly don't want to watch another game where we seem to lose the battle to play our stuff from 10 mins into the action.

I must admit I'm not one of Kidds greatest fans. When he has a chance to run at the opposition, or when there is 30 yards of free park in front of him to carry the ball and get a cross in, he has the infuriating tendency to check his run or make a needless pass inside or backwards. Having said that however with Russell and Conroy both being predominantly left footed in the wide positions it would maybe give a better balance to have a right footed player in one of the wide positions. Kidd has shown that when he does get forward he can send some decent balls in, if only he had the confidence to try it more often. I would say Conroy's main asset so far has been his ability with free-kicks just out side the opposition's penalty box. Unfortunately we have been awarded very few of those in the last couple of games, certainly in positions where he would be favoured to take them. If Kidd were to be brought back in I would maybe favour keeping Conroy in at the expense of Russell. I lost count

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)