+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NOW THAT THE FIXED ELECTION IS OVER AND THE BOARD GOT THE CANDIDATE IT WANT

re: NOW THAT THE FIXED ELECTION IS OVER AND THE BOARD GOT THE CANDIDATE IT

Mullen, just how close mates is Steve Pattison with Claire's brother-in-law? I am assuming that this must have been why Pattison endorsed her application for the post. If you're right about this, then it is even more worrying that her application wasn't withdrawn.

Was Pattison on the panel which selected the candidates from the original 11 applications as well as Claire's brother-in-law? That makes it even more of a concern if that is the case.

Do you know how many were on that panel and who they were?

If what you say is right then something needs to be done about this, and when I know a bit more I'll get it posted on the other board.

David Dent – Honorary President
    Suzanne Kidd – Finance Director
    Phil King – Sales and Marketing Director
    Nigel Dickinson – Fan Liaison Officer
    Norman Steel – CUOSC representative
    John Halpin – Community Sports Trust Officer
    Stuart Davison – Virgin Trains
    James Mclinden – Global Heat Source (Business Club representative)
    Chris Lumsdon – Former player and BBC Radio Cumbria summariser
    Jon Colman – News & Star
    James Phillips – BBC Radio Cumbria

That was the panel (thanks Deano), so Pattison didn't have any input there at all which is good to see.

No Pattison wasn't there, none of the owners were.

However Stuart Davison who is mates with Pattison and travels to away games with him was. Stuart is Claire's brother in law a conflict of interest surely.

The tweet from Steve Pat to Stuart is clear to see. I don't get Claire ranting on and saying she will challenge Pattison when her BIL who was on the panel is mates with Pattison, it makes you think.

Its not made up nonsence its just plain fact, I believe it was fixed but whether it was or not theres no denying it was highly controversial.

Thankfully there's one group that are very reluctant to work with her which is a shame as the position was to bring people together. Eyes have been opened.

I might be banging on about this repeatedly and i'm even i'm getting sick and tired of it but look at the facts and they make bad reading.

Some other things on the other board worth mentioning is that I already got in touch with David Conn. We have had some communication but i

Lets look at the facts and there's no denying they are facts of the situation.

1. Stuart Davidson and Steve Pattison are mates you only need to check twitter conversations between the pair to see this.
    2. Stuart Davidson gets added to the panel, its later found that Stuart is Claires brother in law
    3. Claire gets in the final 4 and wins the election.
    4. A simple bit of investigation shows 133 emails sent to the media address from one IP address over the voting period. The club have even admitted to this but say its spam. Correct it is spam from a site that you can automatically generate random email addresses and content.
    5. On closer investigation it appears that the application is in no way how Claire portraits herself on social media. Infact the contrast between the two is laughable.
    6. An endorsement from SP now deleted

Make your own mind up.

oh and the big one no independent adjudicator. the club will not entertain one.

ill shut up now :-)

No mate, the one thing you shouldn't do is shut up.

If (and I do say if, because as dodgy as it might look, it may not actually have been a fix) the whole thing was rigged, do you think Claire knew? Or could she have been told to go for it then somebody sneaky, say Steve Pattison, could just have made sure she was the one to get the required votes to get through to the last 4?

I'm not sure you can judge people because they write differently on a particular social media site to what they are in real life. Just have a look on Cambridge Mad, you'll find me on there acting and talking completely differently from on here.

I do agree there should have been some sort of independent adjudication of the vote, just in order to ensure clarity, and I do also think her brother-in-law should have withdrawn himself from the panel (or she should have withdrawn herself from the contest) when it became clear there was a conflict of interests.

Moorlad's right Mullen; please don't shut up. Tis board is a broad church and all views are welcome, even if some disgree with each other. I also think that if you shut up, there's too much of a chance that the Club will get away with something that there are outstanding questions about. Every Club needs a conscience; the Mullens and Moorlads of this world, and the Piglets and BigBlues, are too valuable to be allowed to walk away.

The truth is out there...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)