+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T Holidays

re: O/T Holidays

Tuns your question about the Boro game now makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by TundraWolf
    Played in a chess tournament in Positano back in 2008, Wolfiebill, a beautiful spot...if you don't mind the hills. Visited Amalfi and Sorrento a few times as well, can't imagine how those big coaches navigate around those tight corners though! I was on a couple of coastal bus trips and even then it was not clear how they did it.
    Spot on Tunds. I decided given what I'd read about the narrowness of the roads in that region that I wasn't going to drive. So we went on the local buses - my God those guys earn their money I really don't know how they do it either. The locals? on the scooters must have had a lobotomy ealy on in life, the way and places they overtake!!!

I agree concerning those scooter fellows, and always consider daft those young maidens who hang on back to their boyfriends while sporting no safety protection, even no helmet!

One thing I did find interesting was the bones of St Andrew's resting in that huge, impressive church in the very small town of Amalfi, population of about 4,000 souls. I think the whole town could have fit into that massive structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Robus
    It's a shame you look at it that way Tony. There's a lot you get from travel that you won't get on the internet. It's adventure and a change of air. Go to Paris if you have not been. You won't even have to leave the ground.
    No thanks.....

Just back from England, specifically London and Wolverhampton. Spent the first nine days or so visiting my wife's relatives in and around the Black Country, sadly, one passed away a day or two before we arrived. Found people in London fairly friendly, despite being assumed to be an American most times. Most visibly relaxed immediately when I corrected them ever so gently. A pity really. Saw three Wolves games, and just like my visit last year we only nailed down one draw from the lot. The draw against Burnley was the best of the three, aided by being offered a lift up by Wokes, driving north with him and his friend John...meeting Plates and Chimplad at The Bluebrick. Every time a real treat to hang out and learn from the WolvesMad regulars!

Bit of a joke played by Plates on three Muddlesbrough supporters. After the game, which we lost 1-3, I met up with Plates and his three seatmates from up north. One of them must have been drawing attention to the lengthy distance he had traveled

Glad you enjoyed your stay Tundra, it was good to meet up again. I am a little concerned about your memory though. It was in fact me who asked the question of the Middlesborough lads. Too be fair, they had traveled from London, which is probably nearer than Middlesborough to Wolverhampton.

I hope our paths cross again in the not to distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom
    Glad you enjoyed your stay Tundra, it was good to meet up again. I am a little concerned about your memory though. It was in fact me who asked the question of the Middlesborough lads. Too be fair, they had traveled from London, which is probably nearer than Middlesborough to Wolverhampton.

I hope our paths cross again in the not to distant future.
    I stand corrected, Abbo, my apologies, however, I never heard the question, I must have arrived right after your question and the three lads response, as I only heard what Plater said to me as I sat down. Thanks for sharing your time with me, always a pleasure to talk Wolfish with any Wolves supporter...and thank you, Abbo, for the lift to my hotel after the game!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)