+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dunny

re: Dunny

Dont disagree that Sam Allardyce would do just fine..........and to hell with the entertainment however realistically looking at who we COULD get.....I think Holloway & McDermott would both be much worse than Gary Bowyer...McDermott doesnt have enough energy and Holloway well no and no again

What about Nigel Pearson? Probably not everybodys cup of tea but results wise two very good seasons......

I've said it once and I'll say it again - an interim appointment of Tony Parkes, (if willing); until the end of the season could well be what's needed to steady the ship. Maybe even a joint thing with Boyer. The football is better, it's the motivaton as usual to be switched on that's lacking. These things need identifying and certain players that don't have what it takes mentally need to be dropped. Tony's your man to sort the wheat from the chaff and get 'em a bit more up for it. Bowyer can be the tactical mastermind. We should avoid the bottom 3 with that.

I don't mean this to sound crass, but is Tony Parkes still alive? If so, he must be I the high 70's early 80's? If he's still around, I'm pretty sure he'd prefer to continue his retirement in Lytham St Anne's or wherever. Not flying to India every few months.

Tony Parkes!! WTF?
    Bowyer to be the tactical mastermind ffs!

You've been fraped by Saxo or Aucks!

Primarily the problem with Pearson he requires money to create a championship winning squad we no longer have this
    shirt buttons don't buy much these days
    I suggested Holloway and McDermott because of there pedigree of getting teams out of this league on a limited budget
    don't get me wrong I wouldn't turn my nose up at Pearson but I just can't see it working
    as for Parkes he will held in high regards as a legend let's leave it that way at this point in his life he does not require moans and groans each week and trips to India he just needs early night's with a cup of horlix and pensioners trips to Blackpool.

Tony Parkes is 66, Rovers through and through. I'd say in a footballing sense Bowyer knows his stuff, in terms of motivating and selecting players who can concentrate longer than 4 seconds, he lacks the right stuff. Put 'em togther and you may see a slight improvement. Or you may not. Don't knock 'till you've tried it Sven

Edit: and he's on the books at the club as a scout, so he wouldn't need a job interview. That's handy. Either Tony or perhaps we could be more realistic and look at someone like Fabio Capello?

Is that all, 66? I thought he was that age the last time he took over.

No Champs, he just looked it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)