+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Something's wrong

re: Something's wrong

good post michaelc, i will also add

"This year, he broke up that core."
    think you will find they left to get more money/better pay. is this evans fault?
    evans stated he wanted 6/7 players to add to his current squad. we then lost pringle, morgan, arni, (the core) cards were dealt.

A win on Saturday and we are back in the mix of lower teams in the division.
    Its ironic we were outplayed last night by a side who looked very average last season and had fans calling for Hughton to get sacked.
    I sympathise with the views of fans on here but we must get real about our standing and ability to attract players. We will never be attracting top championship players on the basis of our standing as a club or by wages we offer. Unless a millionaire backer comes in we will continue as we are, picking up most sides out of favour players, injury prone players and the occasional good prospect on loan.
    I am backing Evans as I think he deserves it. There are a lot of very short memories on here. We finished last season well but we have had to re-build again, give him a chance.

If Evans wanted to keep those player's they would still be here now,it was his decision to let them go,or he didn't try hard enough to retain them.

Of course, it's impossible to speak even the most minor criticism. I forgot.

I'm not sticking the knife in. I'm really not! I hope he and we turn it around.

I do disagree with the we brought quality in and it's obvious point. I disagree that we couldn't have kept
    Morgan (we could, for example, have offered him a new contract when we extended Frecks deal, but we didn't). Arnason was under contract for another year.

I agree that Evans has been dealt a difficult hand. I don't think he's played it as well as he could have. I don't think we needed 6 or 7 players. IMO, and for what it's worth (not much) we could have used the wages of those 7 to pay for 3 or 4 (eg no Collins and Halford and used Wood).

I think our manager should have been out of football for ever after what he did at Boston. That colours my view. I never pretend otherwise. But I don't want him sacked. I want him to succeed, I want him to do more of what he's good at and less of what doesn't work. It's great t

Hey you can throw your toys out of the pram if you want to and you can be as rude to me as you like, doesn't really bother me.

If you think it's impossible to speak minor criticism on here then I suggest you look a little harder as this site is awash with criticism (both minor and major) and frankly I'm sick of reading it. You're biased against him so no matter what he does, you can't be turned around on the man. You can protest that you want him to succeed but deep down, you want him gone and that's really all there is to it.

There are deluded armchair managers all over this site. I've seen people on here seriously suggesting that Evans has been reading the board and basing his decisions on what posters here say which is, without wanting to be rude, daft... Let the professional do his job (which he has proven time after time that he can) and try to encourage and (mad I know) support the club in a tricky patch and life might not seem quite so bad.

After all the hype from the end of last season about the lessons he'd learned, i.e. player turnover, and not scrambling around for players and loans once the season had started, and tactics etc. Evans has done exactly the same, but signed worse players. He has well and truly been found out at this level. There is only one way we're going this season with him still at the helm, as much as it pains me to say it.

Here we go again
    Yes we got promoted, yes we are grateful but it's here and now what matters.

Dont tell me that Derbyshire playing on his own up front is the way forward because it certainly is not.

That's what I see through my eyes if you don't agree then please have your say but stop living in the past

I don't think Derbyshire is the answer at all. There are many things I don't agree with but I'd give Evans the chance to sort it out. It's not living in the past to remember that our last 3 seasons have been our most successful in years, possibly ever!

Pringle categorically stated that had a new contract been put to him after Wembley, he would have signed it there and then. (It's completely Evans fault for not doing so). He also felt completely unwanted, when Evans moronically decided to try and flog him to Millwall, still with no new contract to sign.

Morgan who was very good friends with Pringle, very probably decided not to sign a new contract, after Pringle left and probably after seeing the way his friend and college was treated.

Árnason, who was also great friends with Pringle, probably thought the same. Árnason had a great friendship and partnership with Morgan, probably decided enough was enough after Morgan left. Going to his birthplace of Sweden on higher wages, was probably a major factor, but at least there may have been a chance of him staying, if Pringle and Morgan had.

Yes they went for higher wages, but we would have probably offered them something similar on a new contract. After all most of them were stil

I went to Brighton last night, the first half was absolutely aweful.

For those wondering and have not seen if first hand Lee Camp is hands down the best keeper we've had in years.

Joe Newell is probably one of the best signings of the lot, along with Camp.

Odjidja-Ofoe is a great player, one of the only ones who can genuinely say he tried, but was clearly getting frustrated, when nobody was helping him going forward.

Maguire was terrible from start to finish.

I forgot white was even playing.

Derbyshire isn't good in he air, shouldn't be by himself, especially when the monumentally terrible tactic of constant hoofball is played. He doesn't work on his own. Why Clarke-Harris wasn't on from the start is unbelievable.

Smallwood was average at best.

The back four, looked fairly solid, some will disagree, but talking to a few Brighton fans after who said the same.

Collins however got completely wrecked for pace.

Rawson was good at defending, but continuou

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast