+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: time for a change of direction

re: time for a change of direction

'Let's try and get the Posh to take him and pay compensation otherwise the sack is going to cost us thousands'.

Bit drastic that, Donald, paying somebody to take him off our hands. Still, given our situation, we shouldn't rule anything out.

No Andy they're not going to say that but there was no reason to come out with all that top half looking up rubbish either and then have the manager complaining about the budget as soon as the season tickets had been sold.
    Personally I think one year deals are a disaster and players who sign them must be pretty desperate to get a club. It makes all that talk about competition from other clubs to sign the player sound utterly ludicrous!

Riley I wasn't having a go and you make a good point about the budget it's valid to a certain point.

For me Evans needs a decent budget to do well yes I know we stayed up last year.

I still think the budget could have been spent better if you look at some of the players signed

Ledesma poor
    McGuire poor
    Collins poor
    Halford poor
    White poor
    Roos poor
    Grant ward poor

Theses are all his signings the budget restricts yes but doesn't count for poor tactics and playing players out of position

In my opinion

Players who have to sign 1 year deals means that they couldnt get better deals elsewhere..and if they couldnt get better deals elsewhere, it tells you how good they are..anythings better than nothing, and money pays the mortgage..imagine 5 or 6 of our players on10 to 15 k a week and then going down? Its not steve evans or raynors fault that were at the bottom , its just how it is..no money..

Never took it as you having a go pocket.

Agree on the signings, all looking poor or worse.

Its a fekin mess. We need to fluke a couple of wins somehow.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I don't recall too many questioning that list of signings at the time they were made or in pre-season. Except loans, one year contacts are about as close as you get to 'try before you buy' in football. Imagine if we'd offered 2 or 3 year contracts to them!

are some of the players rubbish or is it down to the coach/manager? Maybe it's both.
    Derbyshire isn't his best on his own up front :/
    Bowery isn't his best played on the wing :/ where is he , get him up front and the goals will come.
    Richardson is useless playing LB which resulted to injury :/
    Halford is rubbish at the back.
    Collins to me seems a little lazy in defence .

The players on a year contact surely want to do their best to put themselves on show for other clubs.

yes we know we have a low budget (stop using it all the time in interviews :/)
    I did comment earlier in the season that if we can't complete then we have to be clever on the pitch and do our homework on the other teams.
    Evans is telling the players to get angry in their game, maybe he should also get angry and stop giving too much respect to other clubs :/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123