+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good point

Good point

Tonight against the moneybags london team... Should keep Mr Bowyer in his job until at least christmas..

re: Good point

As Champs says ..he steered us from relegation in the past.

Now hes steered us back into it he can bloody stop and get us back out of it ..

It was a good point but yet again schoolboy defending cost us a valuable win
    Hanley and Duffy seem to take it in turns to make mistakes and until these 2 are split and one is paired with kilgallon we will continue to ship 2 goals a game
    1 clean sheet against a very poor Bolton side do not mean this problem has been rectified far from it
    this has been a issue for years now but it's not been sorted
    40 goal strikers and we finish mid table something is very wrong

Things are Slowly turning around. But that said, we need a win. Sooner rather than later. They have created enough chances in the past 2 games to win, and played well in both games. Your not useless if you go to 2 decent championship sides and dominate, create chances and score goals. We scored 4 goals in those games aswell. The football gods will change soon, and one of those 4 will be given moving forwards. As it was only 3 yards over the line. There are some poor sides in this league, and they won't get any better. I get the feeling we will. And I'll maintain we won't go down. We have played a few games, and it's a long season. Nobody has mentioned Rhodes yet? He's back scoring again. That for us, is massively crucial. And once the lad starts scoring, he carries on. Every season he is going here there and everywhere. People react to that by saying he isn't any good anymore, adds nothing to us. I agree. All he does is adds goals. Usually about 25 a season.

But to add balance, as

Never thought we d go down this season.Nor thought we d go up..seen enough of GBs teams to realise that..those two chances gone now.

As for Rhodes ..just proved what ive always thought about him by fluffing those first half chances.Not good enough for the Premier League but good enough for the Championship.Expect him to carry on his record of 20 goals for the 7th consecutive season.Took his goal fantastically though..one of his best.

The problem is at the other end,2 goals conceded,one from completely switching off at the back.

Like a broken record ...need to sort it out GB...

Misleading thread title. i thought you were going to make a 'good point' Alf

Did you go down last night H ( ooo err to loftus road)?
    I've never been on that ground, and always fancied it. Seems like a decent little compact ground. If only Ewood was like that, we'd get an atmosphere!!

No Champs ..Radio Lancs and the dulcett tones of Mr Garner and Soccer Special ont box for the goals im afraid . Although 425 did make the journey apparantly...some going for London and a mid week game .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9L5wLDy68 - view external link

Ah I see. I thought you'd travelled down with the other hearty souls. That's impressive we took that many, when you factor in distance, our poor start etc. This is the 1st time I've seen the goals. All 4 (including Sunday's games) where avoidable. 3 certainly where. Like you say this needs addressing. But at the other end, we are starting to look potent again. And Rhodes goal was superb. A win is very much needed tomorrow, I'm hoping a change of luck ....anything! Even if it's a scrappy 1-0 that will do. Like Rhodes getting his first goal, we just need to get off the mark. Once that happens, I'm sure things will improve.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)