+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC Sport Gossip page

BBC Sport Gossip page

I just copied and pasted this from there:

Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony went on live streaming app Periscope to tell supporters that a manager of a current Championship club has applied for the vacancy at London Road, while ruling out former Sheffield United boss Nigel Clough and ex-Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler.

- view external link

re: BBC Sport Gossip page

mmmmm it makes you wonder well if it evans then either he has second thoughts or maybe seen the writing on the wall when it comes to his job even though tony has said he backs him to the hilt

It can't be Evans who's applied, given what he says in the Star article that Paul Davis has linked to above.

Can't think who else it could possibly be.

If true I would imagine Evans has asked TS for permission to do so.

The plot thickens!!

it could add up or it could be smoke and mirrors and the peterborough chairman is hinting

Chris Powell at Huddersfield

u pick could any one from the bottom 6

This Darragh MacAnthony really does seem to have large scale delusions of grandeur, I mean what appeal does the Peterborough job have to a Championship manager?

@millermanic - they've got some unimpressives in the frame (Westley for example). So maybe the idea is to make it look like there was interest from managers of higher placed clubs to make the eventual choice more credible?

Or he's trying to unsettle a manager somewhere (say, by making our board suspicious of Evans, thus encouraging them to sack him and so allowing Posh to sign him up without paying compensation)?

which is very barry fry in my opinion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast