+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Loyal' Queens fans

'Loyal' Queens fans

Seen quite a few ' loyal' fans before and after the game today who obviously didn't go . Just when you need us all to stick together through this bad run, some start deserting the team . Each to their own though but it ain't for me .

re: 'Loyal' Queens fans

If attendances drop because of bad results and poor performances its understandable.
    If attendances are poor yet you are winning then its disheartening.

The problem with this town is the notoriously fickle nature of its inhabitants . I remember watching the swaying mass on the covered end on the Sunday after the SC final and wondering how many of these ' fanatical' fans would still be here when things got tough .I used to think we had a Premier League potential support but stopped believing that a few years back . I, like a lot of you , love this club and its been a constant in my life since I was a very young boy but I sadly fear we can't progress much further than the position we are in

Yes Hammer the 2,974 home fans (according to the programme) that attended the Rangers game have
    disappeared like snaw off a dyke. Today's crowd of 1,500 - odd minus the away fans is pretty poor and like you I stopped years ago believing we had Premiet League potential support.

A 10 team league is boring . Fans what bigger leagues but those that run our disagree .

We play Morton again at Palmerston in 3 weeks time . Boring

Well, there you go . Less than half ( which is incredible) of home fans that were at the Rangers game went today. To my wife's eternal frustration , I can barely walk about fifty yards up the town without someone wanting to talk about Queens to me . I have got to the stage where I will ask them if they were at the last game and if they haven't got a good reason for not being there , I just say cheerio don't want to say any more . Don't have any more time for that now , just want to chat with the hard core . That's the way it is now ( for me ) . Incredible to think that we took 10,000 to Glasgow for a SC semi and 15,500 for the final some seven years ago . This would NOT happen now .

6 home games in 6 weeks does not help. Neither does the poor value of the adult season ticket. Crazy to think we may have six weeks with no home game in the middle of the season.

Yes, fair enough Joe but a lot of these missing people would somehow find the money for a very big game , six games or not.

Totally agree with JTulip. Who in their right mind at the club agreed to a fixture switch which leads us to have no home for 6 weeks and loses the possibilty of a few extra punters through the gate for a boxing day game. The club has to do its bit and this is a really awful decision, especially given a number of the real diehards will be away watching Scotland when we are at home to Morton for the 3rd time in a matter of weeks.. Really poor by the club.
    Also JR if the missing people didn`t find the money for a big game we`d be complaining that they didn`t come even for a big game.

i'm a season ticket holder, i was at the game and i was in The Coach by 4:45, what was on display at Palmerston was appalling and that's why fans aren't coming back, ps JRSLEFTLEG, you should have stopped and had a pint with me as you passed by after the game
    bud, the bands on in there were waaay more entertining

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)