+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are lucky,

We are lucky,

We all on occasions moan about Fawaz but in reality he saved our great club, I'm reading this morning about poor old Bolton who are destined for administration as early as this season, £160M in debt and owing the Inland Revenue over half a million quid,
    Another Portsmouth comes to mind.

re: We are lucky,

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52
    We all on occasions moan about Fawaz but in reality he saved our great club, I'm reading this morning about poor old Bolton who are destined for administration as early as this season, £160M in debt and owing the Inland Revenue over half a million quid,
    Another Portsmouth comes to mind.
    And that in one paragraph, tells everyone that FFP, is a load of bollox. End of last season, Boltons debt was £178 million. Blackburn were £55 million.
    Look up the list of football club debt, then ask who else is under the cosh like we are?

This was the start of the season.
    Something doesn't smell right. - view external link

DF was manager of that club, makes you think. How lucky are we going to be in the next 2 games, both on the telly.
    must be some cash for us don't you think. £6 on now tv friday, £6 on monday, £12 for 2 games no wonder the crowds are down. I go to a lot of games home and away, but when it is on the telly no way will I pay for a ticket @£26 (oap), traveling expenses(I live in stockport) he he, call that living. lets see where we are when we play leeds(on the telly). I think we are on the up, and can we afford to lose Lansbury in jan window because there will be teams after him?

DF kept Bolton out of FFP. He lowered the week out goings, which staved off FFP. It doesn't do anything about the massive debt though, which simply highlights the short falls of FFP.
    No point trimming the fat on the joint, after the cow died from obesity.

Cow died of obesity? You shall not make a death wish on Es***red52 on this forum Trickytreesreds!

Zidazaga you're a true gem. If I was still living back in Blighty you're the 1 fan I'd love to go to games with. Rock on zizou rock on!

Nottm Forest submit accounts

Submitted by WG on Sun, 06/12/2015 - 06:36

Nottingham Forest*have submitted their accounts for 2014-15*to the Football League for assessment under the financial fair play system. * Having lost £22m in 2013-14, they have reduced their wage bill and benefitted from player sales. * They are thought not to be far off the required limit of £6m. * However, their anticipate the transfer embargo being lifted in the summer rather than Janaury.

- view external link

How fair is financial fair play?

Submitted by WG on Thu, 20/08/2015 - 05:54

The Football League*has issued detailed guidance*on its revised financial fair play regulations. * Championship clubs are allowed a loss of £13m in 2015-16 or £39m on a rolling three year basis.

The regulations attempt to take account of clubs moving between divisions. * This is necessary given that Premiership clubs are allowed to make a loss of £105m. * However, the question that arises is whether new unfairnesses have been set up. *

A club that spent two years in the Championship and one in the Premiership would be allowed to make losses of £61m. * Given that such a club would receive generous parachute payments, does this amount to a substantial advantage over a club that spent three years in the Championship?

The other question is that of enforcement. * Two clubs are currently under transfer embargos: Blackburn Rovers and Nottingham Forest. * However, they could escape during the season thro

If this was forest and more importantly fawaz there would be a lot more being made of it.they say it's all a level playing field but when it comes to a foreign owner they get dealt with totally different.

Of course it isn't fair Es***. I have always said, we'd take our medicine. However, the more I look around and see other clubs in far, far worse situations than us. The more it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
    Without a shadow of a doubt, we are being targeted.
    QPR, will/have suffered nothing.
    As mentioned. How a club can be 175Million in debt, needing 15 M to see the season out and not under some sort of league embargo is beyond me.
    The whole thing stinks of bias.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast