+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hanley

Hanley

Never forgiven for being sent off at Wigan and costing us the game - FACT.

re: Hanley

Morning saxo
    first of all welcome back
    I admire your loyalty to Hanley and Lowe despite their very obvious faults
    Hanley without a doubt as been much improved this season but let's be honest that can't be hard as last season he was awful his injury spared us further embarrassment at the back
    back to this season though and the past few games he has just started to show mistakes are creeping there way back in
    check out the first goal against qpr that was pretty woeful
    the only question that needs answering is it Duffy and him as a partnership or him to fault?

Robin, I could be way off the mark here but to me, Hanley goes into a lot of challenges and it's all or nothing. Commendable sometimes but as you know, these days you have to be more cute and clever. Even John Terry is starting to struggle because forwards are more 'clever' than they've ever been.
    All this said, I wonder if he makes the defence nervous because of the way he launches into some tackles.

Purely a coincidence rovers win a game and ****house saxogeneralrhodes returns

Again,cant argue with robin. For me,Hanley is our worst player by quite a distance(even including Jason Lowe & Chris Brown). Its very unfortunate that he is also captain. Whilst we may have "no natural" leader,Craig Conway with his consistent displays is probably the best -player for the arm-band as it needs to be someone who is picked most weeks!
    Getting back to Hanley,I cant apologise for being such a critic,as his defending is just downright awful most of the time! Duffy at least has had odd games when he is player of the match(goal-line clearance against Bolton)!To me it is a complete mystery how Gary Bowyer can pick him,and a major weakness of our manager :/

For me,he would be unloaded pronto or otherwise given a loan period at Accrington Stanley with us picking up the wage bill .........if we are serious about trying to win matches. - view external link

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)