+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Odds from Ladbrokes

re: Odds from Ladbrokes

You’ve been spouting his for months or probably longer … his time is over and like Brown before him a temporary solution. Next someone will suggest Dick Campbell ! Forget anyone foreign, including Ireland and dismisses Kenny Shiels immediately. Keep it simple and someone with experience of Scottish leagues and looking forward his/her 50th birthday. From the list Pressley .. good track record Falkirk and many of his player became money transfers. Another would be John Collins of Celtic ?

Someone must have been on the crack when they made this list up!Lasley 8/1!!!wtf honestly dear God oh they forgot Stuart Baxter .

Out of that list the only one I would take is Steven Pressley. He would do. My own preference is Billy Dodds, but as we would probably have to pay money for him it may be wishful thinking (and would he want to come to FP???).

May as well add another 2 to the list; Klopp and Brendan Rogers after Liverpool get put out by Carlisle later tonight ...

The quality of our final five shortlist last time showed the area we're operating in and I doubt it will be much more inspiring this time.

Pressley certainly has a track record with youths so he'd be an interesting one. I'd actually be happy with John Collins as well but I seriously doubt he'd fancy it or if I'd trust our players to respond to him.

To 'dasdeid', yes I fully accept that Calderwood, like Craig Brown would be somewhat of a short term option. However i reckon what we need right now is to get the ship steadied and keep us in the top flight and for that reason, Jimmy Calderwood would be a very decent option.

As for your suggestions of, firstly Pressley, what has he ever done to suggest he's got what it takes for this job right now?...and John Collins??? If you think he is even going to consider leaving his post at Celtic where he will be being handsomely paid to a level which we can't even dream of coming close to then you must have your head firmly planted up your own backside.

Most of thes on that list the club shouldn't touch with the perverible barge pole,others are just on the list because of their connection with Motherwell they have no managerial experience of any sort.I'm going to throw a into the mix that most folk wouldn't considerly Tony Docherty assistant manager at Aberdeen he has worked as a number 2 to Derek McInnes and has a wide knowledge of the Scottish game as well as English game.He is highly thought of tactically,and this might be the right time for him to go out on his own as a manager.Problem would be why would he leave a potential successful team to join one that is struggling like Motherwell,IMO he would have nothing to lose as nobody would expect miracles and if he was able to get team higher up the league it would only benefit his reputation.

I note that the great tactician who is Tony Doherty and his team have been pumped by a mediocre Championship side

I'd be interested in someone like Paul Lambert, he may need an angle to get back into the game. His record prior to Villa was convincing.

Lambert would earn more at BT Sport for a month's work than a contract at FP though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)