+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Odds from Ladbrokes

re: Odds from Ladbrokes

Lambert - convincing record? Convincingly bad. Played 139 Won 37 Drawn 37 Lost 65.

You're dreamin' pall...!

To LSM … From where I apparently have my head I can clearly see your talking what I’m viewing.
    Sod steadying the ship (were you once a sailor) and get someone familiar with the modern game.
    We would not be the first club in SPL to ignore Calderwood as since Jan'14 clubless.
    It's a forum and I forwarded my opinion and I can clearly see blue sky

Got to mind barra met big les and the board must have played them an amazing tune cause by Christ he was bloody terrible.

Honestly it could be bloody anybody I wouldn't be shocked if they got McCall back I wouldn't be shocked if Crags got the job to appease the fans.

I could see Robinson and Crags team getting the job worked together with N Ireland so fek knows.

I can see Craigan since he's likely to be cheap but appointing a novice is surely a massive risk...I'd rather have a guy with a record, even if it means some hits and misses.

A McCall-recall!?

Why would any Motherwell fan even consider wanting Stuart McCall to return??? Aside from my personal views on him, by his own admission he walked out last year because he had ran out of ideas and could take the club no further. Why in the of God would you want a manager who openly admitted that to return to the job?

And dasdeid, who is this ideal candidate of yours who is familiar with the modern game and would be a realistic option for us right now? Or maybe you think we can lure Jurgen Klopp to Fir Park?

Jimmy Calderwood may not be an exciting, I fully understand that, but we currently have a disjointed, and by the sounds of things discontented squad which is in need of someone with experience and know how to come in, sort them out, put rockets up backsides and get them playing to the best that they possibly can. It worked with Craig Brown after the Gannon fiasco and it is a road that the club should seriously be looking to go down again.

Well one reason might be is that McCall was a successful manager during his time at M'well. He walked away because he didn't know how to take things forward. Given that we were second last in the Premiership it's evident that he knew what he was talking about. We have had more backing since then which has resulted in a bigger squad. A few tweeks here and there by the right man (McCall) and we're out of danger!

P.S. There's really no need to call on higher spiritual authorities in an attempt to support your point!

Right okay instead of calling on higher spiritual authorities, how about I subsitute 'God' for 'the wee man'? My point still stands and Gods is not called upon.

History will always be very kind to Stuart McCall as on paper his time here looked to be a major success. But anyone looking beyond the surface will see that while he did obviously do a decent job in overseeing such impressive league finishes, that was more down to having a settled squad for his first two and a half seasons and having better players at his disposal, the majority of which he did not sign. And still during that period our cup record was dismal with many a disgraceful display whenever we had to up our game. When he had to rebuild the squad in summer 2013 he made a complete mess of it by bringing in journeyman career lower league players and overpaying McManus and McFadden. The football we played that season was dreadful and how we managed to never mind scrape a top six finish but finish 2nd is something I

A good post ! And you make some valid points which support my original point i.e.'McCall was a successful manager' ... he wasn't perfect, perhaps not your 'cuppa' but still a good appointment in my view. Time will tell.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)