+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pass or Fail

Pass or Fail

All this talk of certain players downing tools has got me wondering who the fans think the culprits may be. The club won't and shame as the previous topic said... Who would you give pass marks to this season? Having only seen us live twice, my opinion isn't 100% formed...but pass marks for me only go to...

Ripley/Dan
    Johnston
    Moult
    Pearson (missed more when he's gone)
    Thomas
    Laing

There's a few I'm on the fence about, any other views?

re: Pass or Fail

Only ones id give pass marks to in that list are Moult and Pearson.

Ripley looks dodgy and has lost some poor goals
    Johnston is either uninterested a lazy fpucker or injured
    Thomas flatters to deceive tries to take too many people on instead of making the telling ball
    Laing has been cack

I think some of the players are trying at least but those who are not making the grade this year are law, Robinson, Johnson, Laing, Chambers and especially McManus who is getting out jumped and out muscled constantly by guys half his size, don't really think skippy is doing that well either, think Ainsworth and Thomas are doing OK and Moult, Lasley, Kennedy have been our best players by a mile, the keeper does well enough for me to think he is the correct number one. I think there is the basis of a good squad in there somewhere just need the correct person to get it out of them.

Its sometimes hard to discern whether players are giving 100% or not. Other factors may appear to be disinterest. First things first, play players in their correct positions.

Moult is the only one to have pass marks though injury excludes Pearson and Fletcher from a rating and possibly even Hammell - who for all his flaws is still clearly a better left back than Chalmers.

I wouldn't condemn Ripley yet either - he's like Twardzik last season in the sense he's not brilliant but far from our biggest problem. The fact we have contrived to get three average keepers at one point is also shocking.

Johnson has been so rank rotten shadow of what I I saw before,Moult has grafted and worked his balls off,McDonald full of wind and pi££ starting to get right on my moobs.

Take yer pick from the rest none have done the club any favours.I do however think the tactics we have been using have made McCalls look like he is a tactical genius.

The pace we have in that team is unreal Robinson,Johnson also Ainsworth if he can be ars&d to turn up we should be using it much much better.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)