+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My God that was appalling!

My God that was appalling!

I decided to give up my Friday night to watch something that even the brothers Grimm could not have composed!

Sorry Messers Fowler and Skelton, but even to consider playing Hutton was a diabolical decision, especially when there were players on the bench with pace.

You had to laugh at the close ups of Alan Stubbs and others trying to stay awake.

There will have to be massive changes at Palmerston soon, - at least in term of strategy and putting effort and energy into the games or people will simply not bother to come along.

Very, very disappointed, and there is no point in anyone offering a crumb of comfort, - if Queens can't even get one shot on target when there are strikers on the bench, then its time for the manager to hold his hand up and say that he got it wrong.

Best player on the park, - Dumfries lad Alan Muirhead.

re: My God that was appalling!

I totally agree Jardi, we were without any apparent strategy and so often resorted to lumping the ball up the park inevitably simply giving it away. Very poor and I am so glad that I did not record that dross that was served up tonight. The only marginal comfort was they were not much better but supporters will not pay to watch drivel like this too often and Fowler needs to read the riot act to the players after that.

I agree it was like watching paint dry in a stadium which totally lacks atmosphere. Falkirk looked a poor lot and only positive was our defence looked more solid with Dowie awarded man of the match.

Smith should be playing and someone apart from Conroy should be taking corners.

Boring and yet again unconvincing but it is a good point.

Widely differing views on the MOM - ALBA says Dowie - Jardi says Muirhead - Travel club says Marshall

Agree that this was a pi - - poor game and thank goodness we have the Hibees up next who will bring a reasonable support as I cannot see many Queens fans being tempted to attend next Saturday's match if they watched last night's boring encounter. One plus point was the return to form of big Dowser who easily saw off the two ex - Queens strikers Baird and McHugh both of them being hooked !

Let's look at the positives .

It's a point away from home & a clean sheet .
    Reading some of the comments above would make you think we'd lost the game

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN
    Widely differing views on the MOM - ALBA says Dowie - Jardi says Muirhead - Travel club says Marshall
    probably because from that last night being chosen as man of the match was no plaudit. Many leaving the ground last night saying it was the worst game they had seen in a very long time, hard to disagree. Two awful teams providing awful fare and two managers who surely look out of their depth imo.

For the record I couldnt genuinely pick a man of the match last night if you paid me but if forced I would give it to Thomson simply for the save from McHugh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)