+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erwin to go out on loan?

re: Erwin to go out on loan?

Quote Originally Posted by wellin
    I would say quite a few of them were off the bench. If you look back at the play off games he was very influential in the two wins. So from that perspective he did his bit in us staying up.
    In which case so did Ian Baraclough , neither of them had anything to do with the rubbish some of us paid to watch up and down the country week in week out that led us to a baw hair from relegation, i dont think some folk will ever realise that as great as those play off wins were it was against absolute dross who had dropped points to every other Championshop side other than Dumbarton and Raith Rovers who beat them in the cup, as this season has clearly shown how we managed to slide into that position was a more reliable gague of where we are rather than the two play off wins

According to Wiki it was 37 appearances if you include the cups BTW

McDonald scored more goals in 24 fewer appearances , why not just be radical and use HIM where he's

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup
    ... why mention Dundee United they are worse than us also no guarantee he would get a game at Celtic Park
    They both have cash in abundance from recent transfers compared other SPL clubs and time of posting Dundee Utd had not parted company McNamara. Whoever they get will need a striker as Celtic took their phud Ciftci for £1.5m. However, appears England the more likely.

What are you on about mate. I only made the point that he maybe went down south to early in his career, playing wise that's been proved correct, financially it would have been a great move. You then start to punt all these stats, which actually proves my point by saying he never played that many games for us. I don't advocate we go out and re sign Lee Irwin. I don't care about how Rangers fared against Dumbarton or Raith Rovers, Mcdonald scored more goals in 24 fewer appearances? Use McDonald where he's meant to be used, by all means go for it, I totally agree. But I don't see a connection there because in My opinion, that's all it is, My opinion, that Lee Irwin moved down south to early in his career. I don't know if you misconstrued my original post...... And Baraclough probably was influential in the play off wins over Rangers....He was the manager at the time.

Wring yer knickers oot precious , its not all about you hen , the guy who started the topic was hinting about having him back , i used the quote function to highlight the part of your post i was replying to , theres no arguing that Baraclough played a part in almost relegating us and then keeping us up , well done you were right. and i stand by my point which is that relying on Erwin to score our goals last season almost saw us go down , thats my opinion and its completely relevant to the original post

Ah.... your opinion was relevant to the original post...which begs the question, why highlight my post and have a go at me then?.....To much time on the sauce was it. It must feel good having a go at people from behind a keyboard....if it makes you feel better about yourself go ahead.... knock yourself out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)