+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next manager....seriously

Next manager....seriously

Sorry but i'm not sure what planet some people are on with some of thes mentioned.
    Pearson? Lambert? Poyet?
    I'm not saying i think any of them would be an amazing appointment or that they'd be too good for us- but come on, please be realistic- all these guys were managing in the Prem last year, probably on £20k+ a week- why on earth would they want to come for a relegation battle with a team who've got the smallest budget in the league & be on peanuts? What's the best they could hope for with us? A lower mid-table finish probably- & that isn't exactly going to increase their profile in the footballing world if they wanna get back to managing in the prem.

Even someone like JFH (who many people seem to be mentioning as a serious candidate), do we really think he'd be that interested? If he has confidence in the job he's doing & the players he's got, why would he swap bottom end of the Champ. for top of League 1? We could be swapping divisions next season! & i'm quite sure there

re: Next manager....seriously

Di Canio and D Fergusons have been linked

Ferguson is 4/7 favourite for the job now according to SkyBet. Heaven help us...

it wont be him if it then tony lost the plot
    it will mcdermott and redfearn with black and another as coach maybe grey

I thought TS lost plot when he appointed Evans

We have rejected the request from Di Canio

Warnock isn't interested

Are you seriously suggesting we cannot compete with Burton Albion?

Miller Muz, I agree with most of what you say apart from the bit about Hasselbaink.
    Although we are only a small club we surely offer better long-term prospects than Burton Albion even though they are currently flying high.
    I think the next managerial appointment will largely be determined by what Tony Stewart means by "taking the club in a different direction." If that means he's looking to build a more solid and sustainable base for the future then I think he will go for a safe pair of hands with Championship experience in which case Stewart Gray, Neil Redfearn or Brian McDermott will be right in the frame.
    The other possibility is that Eric Black will do well as caretaker manager and put himself in contention (cheap option?).
    This would worry me slightly as caretakers often have an initial impact followed closely by a decline in fortunes when the appointment becomes permanent.
    I was at a function in the NYS board room last Friday and wouldn't mind being back there as a fly on

Quote Originally Posted by hillsborough miller
    it wont be him if it then tony lost the plot
    it will mcdermott and redfearn with black and another as coach maybe grey

That's a colourful threesome

Mcdermott odd man out

No, I'm seriously suggesting that we probably wouldn't be top priority for a young, relatively high profile, foreign manager who's just taken his team up & to the top of the next division-as I'm sure he'll be aware of other bigger clubs interest, who'll be able to offer him more money & bigger budgets(& probably bigger ambitions).
    & as I've said, if he's confident Burton can keep their start to the season up, we could be swapping divisions anyway

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast