+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ipswich (home)predictions

re: ipswich (home)predictions

Never mind..

Wasn't nervy at all, Ipswich didn't turn up today. Easy 3 points.

Strange stat from today, rovers 40% possession, Ipswich 60%..

That more than anything reflects our 'taking our foot off the gas' in that second period.
    In the first, our retention was far better due to the Lawrence 'influence' where virtually all balls fed forward were utilised by JR (hence his accolades over his 'complete' contribution). Whereas second half, with Lawrence 'withdrawn back', it was back to the usual: put it forward - relinquish possession.
    Its not rocket science.
    For all of their 'granted possession' there was no real danger (IMO) of them overhauling our lead or even taking a marginal point. We just maybe made ourselves work a little harder for the spoils.
    This you maybe would have observed if you had attended.
    I personally find it is always best to observe for ones self and despatch with the journalistic reportage.

I am guessing that Moons really appreciated TL's contribution, especially in that second half where he chased the full width of the pitch to get in his full on tackle/block, in defence of his back line. That's

Lawrence was great and the perfect foil for Rhodes. I tell you who was my man of the match though, Duffy was awesome and won everything. I know Rhodes was good today, but Duffy for me was the best player on the park. I don't think he lost a header all day!

First of all welcome back to roversmad bigmoon you have been missed I guess you have been surrounded by dirty nappies and the baby's as well ; )
    Back to the original thread I think we can see the benefits of have a settled 11 and a midfield which works hard defensively and offensively
    Evans and akpan work really hard and shield the defence well and push forward
    my concern is if Lowe hadn't of got injured would we be having this same conversation?
    Now I am not going to knock Gary bowyer too much as we are currently in a golden period and playing well with it but he tends to have certain favourites and until they are injured they are selected regardless of performance
    I just hope he knows what his best team is now and sticks with it
    oh and can we try and get Lawrence on a season long loan what a player.

Moons, that was exactly what I said to my buddy, he won I think every ball pumped in and kept it simple. He very efficiently covered 'his patch' on the deck also. I did not see the petulant individual I had heard about.
    I keep hearing over the reformed GH, but for me he's still 'raw', sorry but that's just how I see the guy. Duffy alongside IMO covers up much of this, as does MK in there.

As you say Robin lets hope and pray that's the case.....ie he has actually finally recognised 'favouritism' is and can be anyone's downfall.
    If that's the case, he needs to be more ruthless and retain the guys who are doing the business on a consistent basis.

We can live in hope
    It always felt like Lowe and Hanley was the firsts on the team sheet both have had more than there fair share of poor performances however they were still selected
    I feel the midfield we have now Lowe will get nowhere near will bowyer feel the same though?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)