+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zip's trips....Eastleigh 0 Braintree Town 2

re: Zip's trips....Eastleigh 0 Braintree Town 2

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger
    Good as ever zip, an experienced traveller like yourself will probably know this dodge, but just in case see link attached
    Thanks for that JR, but they don't cover returns yet and you have to get on the actual train stated, so any delays between connections and i'm stuffed.
    I tried it on the Bromley one for next week and it saves £5 each way so not really worth the risk....but thanks very much anyway pal, appreciate the gesture.

Thanks Zip always a pleasure,whats the standard like in the lower league,a lot of ex league teams in this league,just shows how LUCKY we are.

Tip for Zip...I went to see a match at Bromley a few years ago...the ground was a bit hidden away down the backstreets and there were no big floodlight pylons, - so if you are going there, my advice is take an A to Z street map with you to help you find the ground

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller
    Tip for Zip...I went to see a match at Bromley a few years ago...the ground was a bit hidden away down the backstreets and there were no big floodlight pylons, - so if you are going there, my advice is take an A to Z street map with you to help you find the ground
    Thanks a lot Mike but i always do plenty of homework on Google Maps Street view before i venture anywhere new.
    I've noticed the entrance is down a little snicket between houses.....and i can sniff out a matchday pie from miles away.
    Cheers Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by 1960smiller
    Thanks Zip always a pleasure,whats the standard like in the lower league,a lot of ex league teams in this league,just shows how LUCKY we are.
    Cheers pal, the Conference is rightly known as Division 5 as there's very little between the standard of play here and in League 2.
    A lot of players at this level have had extensive experience in the lower Football League Division's, then you get a good smattering of young players who have had Youth careers at top Premiership sides....I believe Braintree had 2 or 3 from Arsenal and Chelsea, and these Lads are no mugs.
    The passion is there to be seen and i'd watch a Conference game over a Premiership game any day of the week.

Good planning Zippy - I hope that it is an entertaining game . I can't remember what the standard of the pies was like

Zippy I know you are our number 1 fan but I bet you are easily in the top 10 fans in the Country.

Top fan fella!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rileyev2
    Zippy I know you are our number 1 fan but I bet you are easily in the top 10 fans in the Country.

Top fan fella!!
    Not really pal, i'm just "lucky" (if thats the right word) that i don't have anything stopping me doing the thing i love.
    Been single for 12 years so i don't get dragged to Meadowhall or some other God forsaken shopping centre on a Saturday afternoon, or told "you are NOT going to bluddy Football,......no Bairns so no other responsibilities......work days regular Monday to Friday, no Saturday's.....use all my rest days for Football, and after my mortgage and other bills i spend all my money on Football (and food).
    All my circumstances are Football friendly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12