+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are we missing the most ?

re: Who are we missing the most ?

yes mckenna and holty are the biggest misses of all ,mckenna was our midfield anchor man ,for me there was no one better at his roll in the league ,holty was prob the best wingback /fullback in the league also ,the marshall boy is ok but has a long way to go before he is a true replacement for holty .

As has been said it's clear we miss them all, but if I could only take one back, then for me it would be McShane.Our midfield is shocking and we don't have a player that does what McShane used to do, and sometimes you don't realise what you are missing until it's gone. Not sure that Brownlie is 'a very capable player' yet - a long way to go in my mind- and of course Marshall is 'No Holty', but then again at this stage of his career neither was Holty, I clearly remember his first season and it wasn't always a good watch. Hilson looked very lively before his injury, and I would expect him and Lyle to form a similar partnership as Gav & Del did.
    Conroy is a luxury which we all knew before the season began, and those who thought Millar would be better then Kerr are not seeing much return yet - Derek Young, even now would stroll into our midfield it's so poor. Tapping's signing was a strange one bearing in mind his constant injury problems, jury out on Oliver, but so far not impressed, alt

If you stuck McShane in the current midfield it wouldnt make any difference. Same goes for Danny.
    Reilly would help but would be just chasing shadows with no service.
    For me Holt would improve the squad massively so is the biggest miss followed by Durnan.

Excellent post Mainstandman . I know exactly what you mean in describing Conroy as a luxury player .

I actually said that opinion on Conroy a couple of weeks ago to my old pal Blackadder who
    strongly disagreed so the lad has at least one fan eh !

After a good start to his Queens career this season Conroy has been posted missing in recent matches .
    Not sure not blame him or Mr Fowlers tactics

Who are we missing most? Jim Mcintyre.

I don't think we should have a ' workhorse' like Conroy in centre mid . He has to play left sided . I am extremely disappointed in Millar so far . He needs to take these games by the scruff of the neck . Yes, Hilson injury has been a blow , when is he coming back ? Just don't think Tapping should have been signed at all and I thought that the moment I googled his playing history when learning he had come in.

According to the official Site the player we are missing is Jimmy Robertson

We're missing a whole midfield at the moment, because they can't pass, tackle, keep possession or create chances for our forward line. They all need to up their game or they should be sitting on the bench.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)