+ Visit Sunderland FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .. Dick's Out ..

re: .. Dick's Out ..

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity
    thats what the pundits & papers would have you believe . The truth is very different..
    Aye-the media are in thrall to Fat Sam in pretty much the same way they were to Pardew. Regardless of how we were playing it was 'he's done a brilliant job, horrible, mean Geordies with their unrealistic expectations'...aye, 50-odd thousand decades and decades after we won anything of note, we're impatient us lot, like. From what I could tell of Allardyce from watching you and reading a couple of your forums, he was still picking his favourites no matter how badly they were playing, serving up sh!te football and having a go at the fans. Only played 'proper' footy when his job was on the line and he moved Downing inside for a while.

The media f.ucking love Fat Sam but, Andy, I guarantee you'll come to despise him.

Luckily our derby record is strong when you've just got a new manager in....:bl

Genuinely don't know, man. Depends which of either side turn up And for us, we can be two different teams in the same game.

But, this is the 4th time in a row you've sacked your manager in time for the derby and you've had the 'new manager bounce' each time. Where the f.uck is ours? ..... ......

Would just like to say to Zippity....we won 2 of them derbies without a new manager bounce

True enough, man.

I wish you well for the sake of North Eastern football. I love our derbies and I love it when both Newcastle and Sunderland are having good seasons (naturally I want us to always do a tad better but I'm sure you understand ).

Fat Sam will almost guarantee you staying up so signing him on a rest-of-the-season-deal wouldn't be the end of the world, but I feel bad if you lot are stuck with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordieland
    (naturally I want us to always do 467 billion times better and I'm sure you feel the same ).
    This is where I'm at, tbh.

Either way is fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by LINETRASH
    We are stable in our instability...
    And consistent in our inconsistency..

I dont think the appointment of Sam Allardyce would be such a bad idea if he can guarantee mid-table status for a couple of seasons..(we`ve tolerated bland, drab Footy for long enough anyway) but we MUST get away from these perennial relegation dogfights that seem as natural to SAFC as Night following Day..

I heed what Zippity and other mags say about him and also remember the Wigan Fans warning us about bruce, (and they were Right) but the fact that Allardyce Played for Sunderland in 78 / 80ish AND given the fact that he is Hated 10 miles up the Road could well play to our advantage..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12