+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steve Evans' statement

re: Steve Evans' statement

Quote Originally Posted by Brin
    Think these comments are a bit harsh given the 3 wonderful seasons weve had.Surely you can't all begrudge him that final opportunity before he and us move on.
    Save your breath pal….there's some very shallow fans that follow the Millers that will soak up the euphoria and trip on the adrenalin rush of a promotion (twice) and retain status in a league whilst it's there…..very short memories indeed….[/quote]

I know, it just annoys me that people keep trying to discredit his achievements. I agree that we couldn't have continued this recruitment of players every other week if we are to try and establish a solid foundation in this league and for that reason I agree it might have been time for a change. By contrast, if he stayed within budget to get us those promotions and likewise in keeping us up last season whilst the infrastructure was still catching up with momentum on the fie

Where does this notion that he's "pissed the budget up the wall" come from? Do we know the ins/outs of every transfer and the financials?? Have I missed this publicly available information? If I have then i'd like to be pointed in it's direction.

Evans kept us in the league despite a huge disadvantage and regardless of the start we have made this season the squad man for man is of better quality. The team is starting to gel and we are improving week on week.

The major issue for me is that the heart of the team from last season is largely gone, Morgan/Arnason/Pringle could all have been kept at the club but for financial reasons have moved on. So lambasting Evans for "pissing" the budget away when trying to replace a major part of the side is hardly fair.

Yes he's made mistakes with transfers, but he gives a list ofs to the people who do the signing of players and I would hasten to guess that he rarely got his first or even second choice on those lists.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller
    Then there are the fans that have supported for over 50 years, through thick and thin and just have an opinion that is not shared by others. For me, Championship survival is not enough. I'll still be there if and when we go down - Home and away. Very shallow I know
    My statement was based on the fact so many have blasted him for bigging himself for the next job which he has a right to do....btw well done for your support regardless of which division we are in...

I'm a bit surprised he hasn't got another job by now to be honest. Unless, of course, there's something else we don't know about concerning his departure!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234