+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greystone16 - RIP

re: Greystone16 - RIP

So sad to read this news!

My thoughts are with you & your family at this sad time.

Rest in peace Graham & thank you Greystone 16 for choosing this message board to have shared your thoughts.

Very sad news indeed and puts all the silly squabbles on this board into perspective.

Greystone's posts were always a good read and his contributions will be sorely missed.

Condolences to all Greystone's family and friends.

RIP Greystone xxx

I am not sure everyone reading this thread will pick up on the link that Stephen posted in his opening post, so the words off the wolves site are below

==========================:::======
    Lottery stalwart passes away.

The flags at Molineux are at half-mast as a mark of respect to one of the club’s unsung heroes, Graham Brown, who died suddenly on Saturday at the age of 77.

Graham was a long-serving, popular and dedicated member of the Lottery team, and was involved with the Lottery department for an incredible 38 years.

He latterly served as Secretary of the Midland Sporting Association Ltd. committee who overlook the running of the lottery.

Graham’s son Stephen said: “Dad started following Wolves when he was about nine years old just as the Second World War was coming to a close.

“He saw all of the great players and great games in the fifties – he always loved Wolves. He joined the club’s Lottery in 1977 and stayed loyal throughout the bad days of the mid-eighties

What dreadfully sad and unexpected news. Greystone was always one of the elder statesmen on here and commanded both respect and affection. His contributions will indeed be missed Stephen - the depth and quality of his firsthand memories was never less than fascinating, and he could join in with the lighter vein of banter on here with the best of them. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Sorry for your loss Stephen. Your family will be in our thoughts. His contributions will be sorely missed. I don't know how many on the board met him, but even though it is online, it's still a community and his loss will be felt. At least Wolves were able to send him out a winner on Saturday. We've had many Wolves depart us in recent years and Graham has received the same honor that all of them received in the flag being put at half mast. A wolf forever. RIP Graham

I am so sorry for your loss Stephen and pass my condolences on to you and your family.

Your Dad was a great contributor to this site and posted with a style and class that embarrasses and shames some of my outbursts over the years. We are all going to miss his posts and knowledge.

Newcy, one of us will move this post to Sir Jack's forum after everyone has had a chance to read this sad news on here.

Very sad news, indeed; Greystone 16 was a true gentleman in every sense of the word and I regret greatly that although we periodically responded to each others posts we never had the chance to meet face-to-face. A classy and giving Wolves' supporter it appears that his son is also carrying on some of the same qualities. Thanks for posting, Stephen!

Stephen, I am shocked and saddened to learn of your Dad's sudden passing. Although there is little I can add to the kind and heartfelt words already expressed by others on this board, please know that I share their high regard for your Dad. Indeed, his contribution to this forum will be sorely missed.

My sincere condolences to you, your Mum, extended family and friends.

Total shock, what sad news. I can only reiterate all the kind, sincere comments that have been made by fellow posters. I often post during the daytime and Greystone was nearly always the first to reply. He must have spent quite a time on this forum, and his contribution will be sadly missed. My thought are with his family at this sad time.

Very sorry to hear this news, Stephen. Best wishes to you, your mother and family.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)