+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Black Brick!!

re: O/T Black Brick!!

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller
    I can still remember it really well.

Being a Kimmy Comp lad we were bussed over to Wingy Comp baths to do our swimming.
    Great days, and remember well the 'treat' of being able to get a scalding hot chicken soup (that always seemed to taste of soap powder) from the baths vending machine.
    Then being bussed back to school, invariably for double maths
    They must have all had those vending machines because Rawmarsh Baths were exactly the same No buses for us though, we had to walk there.

re: O/T Black Brick!!

Sheffield Road Baths ? ! Arrivistas ! I remember performing a similar rite of passage at the Old Baths, situated adjacent to the old outdoor market under the watchful eye of Mr Ken Norton , the rather intimidating ( to a 10 year old) pool attendant. The bronze bust of Captain Webb was on display in the reception area and the required ritual was to polish his nose with your towel ,resulting in a very, very shiny nose !( Rudolph, you are not alone). And buying a bath bun on the way out.( Tuppence ,if I recall !) Phoenix Club? Neptunes Club anyone ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12