+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We must Appoint a Manager with a Good Track Record

We must Appoint a Manager with a Good Track Record

I am getting more concerned with some of thes that I am hearing. We need a manager who can almost guarantee survival, for this year (someone of the ilk of Warnock). I am not saying that we can currently afford or pursuade him out of retirement but, if we are relegated, then we are back to square one!

Looking at the current team and current position. Most of the recruits have not exactly set the world on fire...White, McGuire, Ledesma and of course our ex-captain for a few weeks (what a disgrace).

Lets face it, we need a new direction and a real positive appointment. New Stadium, Great Chairman, good backroom and training facilities, in the Championship, why wouldn't we be an attractive proposition.

Up the Millers

re: We must Appoint a Manager with a Good Track Record

There is no manager that will guarantee survival, we need someone who can motivate the players for sure. We still have one of if not the lowest budget so any survival this season would be a great achievement again.

I personally don't think it matters who we appoint. Big or not. It's a guarantee that most of our fans will slag him off before he even meets the players.
    Whoever it is, we all need to get behind him and give the bloke a chance.

I don't agree, anyone can motivate the players. I would guarantee that if any ardent supporter had 5 minutes in the dressing room, they would manage to motivate the players. We need a canny manager with good contacts, well respected, someone with some confidence or arrogance and who has already done it with a similar club. That will do for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Millerman69
    I don't agree, anyone can motivate the players. I would guarantee that if any ardent supporter had 5 minutes in the dressing room, they would manage to motivate the players. We need a canny manager with good contacts, well respected, someone with some confidence or arrogance and who has already done it with a similar club. That will do for me!
    Like who?
    Look at the job Rowett is doing at Birmingham? Ronnie Moore had never managed in the football league before he came to us.
    If there is someone out there who is out of work with a proven track record then maybe so. But is there anybody that fits the bill?

That's the problem with putting specific criteria in to it. Whoever gets the job is up against it, and the average joe fan couldn't just walk into a professional dressing room and motivate the players.