+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Morton

re: Queens v Morton

Delighted today of course in getting the three points but I can't in my mind think of us being so lucky to do so as we did today. It looked inevitable that Morton would at least level but somehow they didn't , spurning numerous chances. They also had two stick on pens as far as I could see but we have to take this fortune when we can . It all started so well and we played some lovely stuff for the first twenty five mins or so before retreating and defending desperately . ------ I have to question whoever' s decision it was to let Dowie start . It was documented that he was struggling with injury and yet he starts , reaches for the ball and collapses in a heap early on . We have already seen Hilson rushed back too soon and the result is an even worse injury than he had first time out . This could well be the case with Dowie now . ------- Another notable point I thought was the tremendous first half tackle by Jacobs that resulting in a yellow card for him . What an earth is happening to

Some pics from today. https://www.flickr.com/photos/135727346@N02/albums/72157657368293183

It looks like Queens 'might' have fabricated the attendance yesterday so as it looks like their decision to move it was correct , which it wasn't ...
    No chance there was 1,500 plus inside Palmerston . We're not daft you know

it must cost queens making attendances look bigger surely ,thay surely must have to pay taxes for the amount of crowd thay say ,so all there doing is losing some cash to save face lol ,thats utter madness .

Moving the game from Boxing Day to Saturday means Queens will have no game at Palmerston for SIX weeks
    unless they get a home draw in the Scottish Cup !!

Good result but another backs to the wall performance in the 2nd half. Do we really need to play that way to beat Morton at home?

Follow URL for match report - view external link

I missed out mentioning the dive by the Morton player at the end . No one within five or six feet of him and he threw himself to the ground . Embarrassing, desperate stuff and I can't remember a more ridiculous dive

As others have already said, a win was much needed but so also was a performance to give the fans (and players) a bit of confidence going into next weeks game. Early indications were positive as the team looked to be up for it, showing some urgency, good build-up play, a shoot on sight strategy and a well taken goal. I thought we would kick on from that after the interval but instead we went back to what we have been witnessing regularly over the past few games. A complete change in attitude, poor passing, poor tackling, poor decision making, being outmuscled for possession and giving the opposition the initiative to push forward which could have quite easily backfired on us. A win was ***** to put a bit of daylight between us and Morton but the second half was dire to watch after a slightly promising first half. I still don't understand the tactic of Thomson hitting high balls out to the wing for Lyle to win with a header in the hope he can flick it on to build up an attack. Lyle mayb

Watching the second half from the Portland End, I had been looking forward to Tan Man and Aidan bearing in on the Morton goal for at least the first half hour after half time. But the game just got further and further away from me. Reminded me of holidays at Sandyhillls, as a kid, when the sea disappeared out of sight as the tide went out! Think I'll take binoculars to the Livingston game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)