+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Queens v Morton

re: Queens v Morton

[quote="Auld_Chippy"]As others have already said, a win was much needed but so also was a performance to give the fans (and players) a bit of confidence going into next weeks game. Early indications were positive as the team looked to be up for it, showing some urgency, good build-up play, a shoot on sight strategy and a well taken goal. I thought we would kick on from that after the interval but instead we went back to what we have been witnessing regularly over the past few games. A complete change in attitude, poor passing, poor tackling, poor decision making, being outmuscled for possession and giving the opposition the initiative to push forward which could have quite easily backfired on us. A win was ***** to put a bit of daylight between us and Morton but the second half was dire to watch after a slightly promising first half. I still don't understand the tactic of Thomson hitting high balls out to the wing for Lyle to win with a header in the hope he ca

I regularly watch football on the telly and count the number of times long hoofs from a goalkeeper result in turn over ball: answer - most of the time.
    I think we all know this. I do think lack of confidence produces this simple but wrong headed football. Maybe the manager is lacking in confidence currently, not just the players.

Glad you have put your tuppence worth in Tam because this site is better when you do. Fowler alluded to have had negative thoughts in the papers today ( Sunday Mail) after our recent spate of defeats and said he will enjoy this weekend now that the bad run has been broken . He is a young man who will feel pressure and has definitely had to do deal with this recently . We are in the unlucky position of being or being seen as a team who grooms people to move on to bigger things ( like our boss ) One day someone else will get the benefits of Fowler ups and downs learning curve and the experience this will give him. We just have to suck this up and accept. Edit to add that I just wish Fowler would give Scott Hooper a chance soon . This home grown right back is what I think we need .

The three points was welcoming but it doesn't paper over the cracks .
    After a decent start , Queens struggled at times and can think themselves fortunate not to concede a penalty or a goal .
    Playing a clearly not fit Dowie was a massive mistake and he'll be a big miss against Rangers on Saturday

Not too sure if the crowd was correct or not but the fact remains the clubs decided to play this fixture on a international weekend and that remains a slap in the face to so many loyal supporters .
    The fans ARE the club & need treated with more respect at times .
    It's left a bitter taste in the mouth of many

And leaves us with no league game at Palmerston for SIX weeks - 12 December until 23rd January 2016 so
    hopefully we might get a home draw in Scottish Cup !

Quote Originally Posted by Palmyman
    And leaves us with no league game at Palmerston for SIX weeks - 12 December until 23rd January 2016 so
    hopefully we might get a home draw in Scottish Cup !
    It might be six long weeks but I can't see this disrupting your Saturday ritual of Globe / NewBazaar , football or not old friend.--------Did you know that on this day in 1963 Queens beat Hearts 1-0 at Tynecastle.

Yes mate but also got relegated that season and the main stand burned down !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)