+ Visit Scunthorpe United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Idiots get heard on t'internet!

Idiots get heard on t'internet!

Reading the comments made by certain "individuals" on the internet, you would think The Iron had lost the last two matches, or that the level to which our lads are playing had actually taken a dive. A comment made by our manager regarding a de-stabilising effect of negative comments made by certain "fans," was a mistake. = Because anyone with a tripple digit IQ should be able to see past the rantings of a bunch of *********s, the comments have been given relevance they do not deserve, because Mark has wasted oxygen by speaking about them on the radio.

In the past I heard the same bitching and moaning, week in and week out, while leaving the ground after home matches. Back then the ramblings would be confined to memory for the rest of the week, because there was no internet. Now however, the comments are posted on Twitter, or in some other place, and are there for an eternity, and unfortunately are being read by the players, and the manager.

Meanwhile those of us less intent upon

re: Idiots get heard on t'internet!

You must mean the idiots on Iron-bru. Most of them qualify as the village idiot. And Swann actually pays attention to them.

I was trying not to mention it by, but yes, they are the ones that make all that noise, expecting to get their own way. I mean why should anyone be even interested in listening to that tripe they post? It is the same old siht day in and day out, doesn't matter who the manager is, they expect miracles, then call for him to be fired if they don't get the results they want in an instance. Then there was the debacle of a straw man poll, what rubbish! Peter Swann should be leading by example, and ignoring the nuggets.

I've complained about plenty of things this season but when we get it right I'm delighted. Because they spend so much of their time demonising the people at the top of the club, be it manager or chairman, it would shatter their fragile inflated egos to concede that everything at the club is not black and white. They've nailed their colours to the mast so everything has to be black.

This latest faux outrage is pathetic. Robins clearly stated he was talking about a small minority who were using social media in an effort to get him sacked but they immediately misrepresent this as an attack on all fans. So they basically invent a issue and then rail against their own invention.

The first rule of social media is that if you think your views are important enough to broadcast to the world, don't start crying like a baby if they are challenged. And anyone, but especially the person under attack, should have the right to reply. If Robins has hurt their precious little feelings, I'm mor

I really hope things come good under Mark Robins, not just because it would mean a revival of The Iron's fortunes, but it would prove the no marks asking for him sacked to be wrong. It wouldn't have go quiet on so called "iron bru."

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)