+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mk dons away

re: Mk dons away

So we agree then ........phew.

One of the biggest factors in any sport (and one that sometimes gets forgotten) is confidence. England should have beaten Wales in the RWC but blew it because of poor discipline. Then, against Australia, it was obvious the confidence and self-belief had simply drained away.
    The Rovers team (which has been low in on-field leadership for a long while) must now be going into the MKD game with confidence at its highest for a long, long time. I'm hoping that will do the trick, and compensate for any negative features.
    However, as Robin says, consistency is the one thing we have come NOT to expect!
    We are going to lose some more games, obviously, but I agree with Despair that those should be games where the opposition is clearly superior - NOT the result of self-inflicted wounds.

We will stand a much better chance with our midfield being left alone
    akpan is a good find in my opinion tracks back brilliantly and has a good engine to push forward
    we were hopeful of a jj replacement he isn't quite there but not too far away
    Evans came under a lot of criticism last season for a pretty dire level of performances
    he has come back this season approaching the form pre injury
    having a strong central midfield instantly helps the centre backs
    last season Carney alongside Williamson/lowe/Evans was too week and slow which made Hanley and Duffy look truly awful
    pressure can cause errors and that was apparent last season

But we are in the here and now. And at this point our defence including Hanley and Duffy have been excellent over the past 4-5 games. Not just the last one. And after giving all the keepers a decent chance, the current one looks solid. And we have the best, and most in form striker in this league. There isn't one side in this entire division we should be fearing at this point. And we aren't. Not every situation has to be induced with negativtivity. You can sometimes add balance and look at the good things happening. The poor defence has signs of improvement. Anyone who has watched us in the past month will agree the that. Whether that be opposition manager, media, our own manager. Not sure what else they can have done in the past months worth of games. They have been in good form over the past 4-5 (while a vast majority of fans started to point to nailed on relegation after the first 5 games) But as always folk just won't ever be happy. It's a shame it got to this IMO. This notion of w

[quote="champs95"]But we are in the here and now. And at this point our defence including Hanley and Duffy have been excellent over the past 4-5 games. Not just the last one. And after giving all the keepers a decent chance, the current one looks solid. And we have the best, and most in form striker in this league. There isn't one side in this entire division we should be fearing at this point. And we aren't. Not every situation has to be induced with negativtivity. You can sometimes add balance and look at the good things happening. The poor defence has signs of improvement. Anyone who has watched us in the past month will agree the that. Whether that be opposition manager, media, our own manager. Not sure what else they can have done in the past months worth of games. They have been in good form over the past 4-5 (while a vast majority of fans started to point to nailed on relegation after the first 5 games) But as always folk just won't ever be happy. It's a

[quote="Howie5o"]But we are in the here and now. And at this point our defence including Hanley and Duffy have been excellent over the past 4-5 games. Not just the last one. And after giving all the keepers a decent chance, the current one looks solid. And we have the best, and most in form striker in this league. There isn't one side in this entire division we should be fearing at this point. And we aren't. Not every situation has to be induced with negativtivity. You can sometimes add balance and look at the good things happening. The poor defence has signs of improvement. Anyone who has watched us in the past month will agree the that. Whether that be opposition manager, media, our own manager. Not sure what else they can have done in the past months worth of games. They have been in good form over the past 4-5 (while a vast majority of fans started to point to nailed on relegation after the first 5 games) But as al

What's the saying Aucks......'Fortune favours the brave'

Yes I know many an old saying carries no statistical fact, but much of the 'reasoning' does. I.e. If you don't try you'll never know.

In my opinion something has happened, most likely pressure from venkys that we must push for promotion. There was probably something in the speculation that bowyer could lose his job. Amazing coincidence since then that we seem to be approaching games on the front foot.. The disgraceful performance against Bolton at home I would pinpoint as the time I reckon something has been said..

Probably not a million miles from the truth saxo
    that game was pretty poor
    second half against Fulham onwards to present we have been a changed team
    I would say promotion is just a pipe dream
    No more no less than mid table is all our squad is worth would absolutely love to be wrong
    if we come out of October unbeaten I could well be eating my words

Not saying its a realistic target, just that's what venkys are pressuring for. Bowyer could be a dead man walking on a hiding to nothing..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)