+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thorpe..Bowery & Ladesma.

Thorpe..Bowery & Ladesma.

I reckon these 3 will be given a whole new lease of life now Redfearns here...especially Thorpe.
    Giggs was gutted Man Utd let him go apparently and i'd think he knows his football more than Evans..
    I for one am really looking forward to this Redfearn squad gelling into a cracking close knit unit over the next yr or 2.

re: Thorpe..Bowery & Ladesma.

Thorpe yes. Bowery not a total fan, but he's better than Maguire. Ledesma isn't good enough.

The jury is out on Ledesma. I thought he was a brilliant signing but after the displays... who knows. Hopefully a new lease of life for all.

Thorpe will thrive under Redfearn's stewardship. Very highly rated by Giggs and many others at Man U.Redfearn is exactly right for him and evo was exactly wrong for him. Gold nugget this kid I'm telling you. Had a great second half when brought on at QPR (Apart from his error when he first came on as sub which led to a goal) After the first 5 minutes or so I thought he shone. I'm excited for us that we have a kid like this on our books.

Bowery must have something but so far he hasn't shown owt. For me, he lacks steel and determination and is lazy. Whether Redders can motivate him will be interesting to see.

Ledesma could be game changer from the bench. No idea on him really. Has passion, is greedy but not sure what he will bring. Feel he will do better though under NR.

I like the appointment and I get what TS is trying to do. Just hope we can stay in Champs whilst all this evolves. Think we have a better chance now and I'm sure we wont see a massive turnover of players going

'Also, I figure Aidy White will gain confidence having Redders around. He's better than he has had the chance to show us so far'….

Let's hope he plays him more….I feel he has pace to burn out on the wing and Evans didn't have enough belief in the lad…..

Whose decision was it to move Aidy White on from Leeds?

Everyone starts with a clean slate, including Richard Wood who has been sent to coventry...sorry Fleetwood.

Reserve team football & Championship are poles apart but I
    would like to see Jeremy Yates introduced into the squad more even if it`s starting from the bench. If you don't try the youngsters then you`re never going to know their true potential.
    Redfearn has already watched the team a few times, once he`s had them on the training pitch he will soon know who`s up for the battle to stay in the Championship.

To pick up on the point about Bowery, I think the problem is that we have played him as a target man and he is not one!

His best performances come when he plays from wide and when he gets the ball played in front of him so he can use his pace. For me, he has never been given the correct chance. He is the nearest thing we have to Agard and should be playing from the right hand side cutting in similar to what Agard used to do for us.

Ledesma, I am not sure on his best position, is he a left winger, right winger or number 10? At the moment, he just looks lost and out of his depth.

Thorpe - only seen him once, playing alongside the god awful Halford and Collins. Needs to be given another chance at some point. Maybe at the base of midfield instead of Smallwood (who has looked out of sorts so far this season).