+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely disgusted

Absolutely disgusted

So despite over 70 applications for the job we end up trying to re trace old steps by appointing a man who showed us zero respect during his previous spell in charge and left us in the lurch having failed to rebuild the squad as he knew he was ditching us.

This is an absolutely atrocious appointment and when, not if, McGhee decides he is too good for us again he will sh@t all over us again. It's a typical, backward looking Motherwell FC style appointment and shows the board have zero savvy or ambition, rather they hand the job to a man based on past reputations and 'good relations' with folk inside the club, ala Faddy re-signing. Oh aye, and like McCall he'll be swanning off with Scotland every now and again, so that, along with his media work and Celtic trumpet blowing, will mean that we've essentially got a part time manager on board.

I see absolutely nothing that McGhee will bring to this role now as he's failed in every job he's been in bar his first season with us and I reck

re: Absolutely disgusted

i wouldnt have picked McGhee but of thes appearing on the shortlist I would, we are utter sh1te and we need experience and if he has enough to save us from the drop , cos thats where we are going, Ill take it and his double dealing ways. Use him the way he used us see if he gets us safe then punt him and try something new then when we have been stabalised.

Totally agree

I am done with it this guy couldn't wait to F&&k off total backwards it amazes me how quick folk forget this clowns actions.

I couldn't give a flying flock if he wins on Saturday or not I am just done with it all.

Give us just one that would have instead of McGhee.this is not a hugely attractive job ,with a small budget,fan base we are a mid table or lower.I trust the the 70 or so applicants were of no great standard.thes mentioned on websites were a joke,b Davies,p Lambert,.some fans need a reality check.just one last point,suprised he is back after the disgusting,embarrassing abuse he got from our wonderful,fickle,diimwitted fan base that hardly increases when we are actually doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman
    So despite over 70 applications for the job we end up trying to re trace old steps by appointing a man who showed us zero respect during his previous spell in charge and left us in the lurch having failed to rebuild the squad as he knew he was ditching us.
    A lot depends on who the other 70 odd candidates were. Its fine to say you don't like Mark McGhee but you don't know who he was up against. Of thes made public I prefer McGhee.

McGhee would not have been my choice after the way he treated us last time around, he even had the audacity to say he did us a favour by quitting when he was asked the question by a reporter during the press conference. I don't like him as a person, full of self importance. But as a manager we probably could have done worse, he knows how to set the team up and during his last spell we played some cracking stuff. We have been lumped with him so we have to get on with it. No doubt round about this time next year we will be in the same boat when the first offer comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it
    A lot Depends on who the other 70 odd candidates were. Its fine to say you don't like Mark McGhee but you don't know who he was up against. Of thes made public I prefer McGhee. [/quote] - view external link

Spot on on the short list given out MM although it sticks in my throat would have been my choice

Absolutely delighted that we have gone for Mark Mc Ghee again, enjoyed his style of football first time around and given the candidates listed he would be a lot of people's choice amongst our silent majority of fans who never take to the keyboard, but are bored with people like Mr Self Important (LSM) who never came up with anys but couldn't wait to get his keyboard out the minute this appointment was announced. I have no doubt he will respond, but like he always says this is my opinion and if he doesn't like it , tough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)