+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irate fan on Radio Stoke

Irate fan on Radio Stoke

Was completely right, Like Dario before him Steve Davis is unsackable, mentioned the woeful defence and lack of a goalscorer, totally correct, fans and others still dining out on past glories, those days are over and the side we have now is going nowhere.

re: Irate fan on Radio Stoke

I heard that as well and he also said he had spoken to someone in the week who was a senior board member if I heard that right and must have been as he said the manager's position had never even been discussed and so there you have it and why he made that call.

Think about it though.

Why should they sack Davis?

Dario is happy SD does not match his own record and isn't bothered even though as Director of Football, he should be but as long as the academy is being funded and we are in L1 or L2 its no problem for the club. Its only if the Conference is near, then they would act and anyway it would cost the club to get rid of SD and so its just a case of voting with your feet as many have done. I was going to buy a ticket today but decided against as thought we would lose today. Its only when the academy is at risk will the Directors do something or when they are asked for money to cover the increasing 500,000 pounds debt per season they are running up and especially as there d

I wonder if its too outrageous to suggest Dario himself could take over again and save importing another manager and the cost? Could he do any worse? He knows all the players strengths and weaknesses and sees every game and so why not?

I am sure there is no one at the club happy that the team is struggling, particularly at home. But of course, if you were there you would know that the team played well today and matched the team who are now top of the league in all aspects other than the goal n the last minute. I do feel that we have problems scoring goals but then again, I feel we should play with 2 strikers. I am not going to enter into the ridiculous idea of Dario taking over again. Get behind the team and the manager!

A simple change to 4 4 2 is all that is required. Inman and Coco on the flanks and Dalla Valle playing off Haber. Fox and James Jones would de clutter the midfield and putting Guthrie at left back and the return of Davis to partner Nugent would give us greater stability at the back giving the wide players licence to get forward. Turton at least does defend if not the best right back we've had.

Hope you had a great holiday Mike as you were missing here after the Barnsley win

I didn't hear our 'fan' but I did hear Vale's fan re the penalties, seem Uche has not learned his lesson from when he was at Crewe

Almost completely agree with PaulNevitt. We do not have the one guy who can play on his own up front, and even if we did he'd not get the right service. Twin strikers, with some fluidity to allow Coco and Brad to move in, drop back, run forward, would be a good idea (ergo - first half v. Gillingham). My concern is also that we have no midfield commander/distributor. Injuries are doing us no favours.

4-4-2 is the way forward in the short term with Haber and LDV as a starting point and Saunders and Coco as options

However, if we went that way there is no starting place for Inman nor probably Colclough unless we are prepared to be overrun in midfield because these are lightweights when the opposition have the ball

For me its Jones , Atkinson, Fox and Bingham (when fit)

Narrow but hard to bypass - we have to accept we are not very good and play percentage stuff (even at home)

George Cooper also probably has to remain a fringe / impact player as does Wilson but neither have shone to be fair

I think you would have one of either Inman or Colclough in tht midfield 4. But not both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast