+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: right back

right back

Please Gary bowyer don't play Marshall there
    He is a midfielder not a right back or a number 10
    We have a player in nyambe who granted didn't have a good game in the league cup but has a great future and would be ideal to bring in.

re: right back

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover
    Please Gary bowyer don't play Marshall there
    He is a midfielder not a right back or a number 10
    We have a player in nyambe who granted didn't have a good game in the league cup but has a great future and would be ideal to bring in.
    To be honest, Robin, I would consider playing Spurr there in such a key game. It's very much the deep end for Nyambe.

Guys I honestly believe (as I always have) that our less than impressive back line is more than anything weakened by our even more less than impressive midfield.
    That is until I watched my last game, where the 'balance' was just about the best we could hope for at this time. I saw a resurgent CE, paired of with a energetic Akpan, and furthered by the fleet footed Lawrence.
    This gave the opposition much to think about (and defend against).
    I have no idea if the removal of Akpan was a good action or not, but adding the removal of CE (groin?), in my eyes would have certainly returned us to an 'exposed' back line.
    GB made the decision, which is his to take, and its all very well me or any other pontificating over our dismay. But, none of us know for sure if ourselves keeping Akpan and/or CE on would have rescued the game.
    And that's the way of it, you live or die by you decisions.
    GB's next 'decisions' in the next two games WILL determine his future or fate.
    One thing I need to say

Couldn't agree more
    we have 2 good central midfielders who work hard defensively and offensively along with Guthrie who offers a good backup
    the issue we have is if we lose 2 out of the 3 through injury/suspension we will have the usual defence under extreme pressure
    we all know what happens next
    Hanley or Duffy worse still both make mistakes which go punished every single time
    if it means wrapping Evans and akpan in cotton wool so be it but I feel a lot easier with those 2 in midfield than I do the likes of Lowe or Williamson
    sure they both do a job but it's purely to protect a lead with 10 minutes to go nothing more nothing less

The most sensible post i have read for a long time,and we all want a result against our neighbours, but win or lose whichever Team it wont determine the season,

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)