+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T What a fabulous weekend..

O/T What a fabulous weekend..

..of compelling World Cup rugby. There have been so many qualities to admire I'm not sure I can list them all.

The commitment; the sportsmanship; the quality of the skills; the excitement.

Scotland lost in the final minutes to a dubious penalty. Interviewed after the game the Scots coach was very

restrained. Imagine how Steve Evans, or any Prem manager, would have reacted in the same situation.

This competition has made football's equivalent, with its attendant corruption, look like a very poor relative.

re: O/T What a fabulous weekend..

Thoroughly engrossing watching the rugger today and I actually found myself feeling sorry for the Scots after their last ditch one point loss to the Aussies!

It was a poor decision by the ref to give the wallabies a penalty at such a crucial time when the result would be decided on that one kick!
    The decision should've gone upstairs for them to decide!

Anyway, that's now a total washout of the home nations, which is a pretty poor show, especially by us English who couldn't even make it out of the group stages!

Back to the drawing board, as usual!!!!!! :/

No that was funny the jocks losing in the last minute.

Still they did better than England.

I don't think you can say it was a fabulous week-end. Watched the Scotland game earlier and heard the 2nd half of the Wales match on way home yesterday and they were both thrillers but the other two were one sided blow-outs!

Good week-end for rugger but not 'fabulous'

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller
    I don't think you can say it was a fabulous week-end. Watched the Scotland game earlier and heard the 2nd half of the Wales match on way home yesterday and they were both thrillers but the other two were one sided blow-outs!

Good week-end for rugger but not 'fabulous'
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that loyal. I only watch international rugger (WC, six nations) and the Titans when they feature on tv, so can't claim to be a connoisseur. But I found even the All Blacks performance thrilling to watch - the way all 15 players can handle the ball confidently, at speed, is incredible.
    Still won't beat watching the Millers!