+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real Leader Needed

Real Leader Needed

Starting to think our club needs a real leader. Although Les is owner just seems a bit distant. Sometimes here sometimes not. Has admitted he doesn't want to own our football club long term. Although our supporters opinions are split on a certain CEO we had at the club, at least we knew who was running things. Now we don't have a clue. Is it Les? Is it Flow?is it Brian McCafferty. Maybe the Well Society board or the Motherwell Fc board. Or am I just bored of all the uncertainty at our club. Seems to be lots of facets to the club at the moment but we are still looking for a real leader. Someone who can guide our club through these difficult times. Any ideas anyone? Ors for that matter?

re: Real Leader Needed

Real's leader needed more like.....can see him at Motherwell mind you.. Outwardly I dont know enough about the inner workings of the club so probably a mile out with any observations / assumptions. For me I just think we bumble along in the hope something turns up. We sign utter cack and we take an eternity to realise they are cack. Our youth systems produces absolutely zero of any decent value. We all moan how we always seem to get buttons in transfer fees , well perhaps thats because thats exactly what they are worth when we take off our claret n amber specs. Where else would you lose a CE and replace the with the media / website guy. I know this sounds like an attack on a certain Mr Flow however I dont really know enough about him to hang my coat on my comments. I just think its strange how he can rise to such a position with little on the face of it in CE background. Being LD assistant diesnt overly fill me with confidence.

We are heading exactly where fan ownership would alwa

Remember the glorious days no one knew anything or cared about ownership etc?

Barring a (big) league expansion, Motherwell are heading for the First Division (or worse) sooner or later and right now it looks like sooner. It's exactly what we deserve given no one wants to own us and the size/energy of our fanbase in taking up the Well Society.

However, for all the flaws of the Society, the basic situation hasn't changed. It's not the Society or something better, it's the Society or nothing. The actually process of being relegated will clearly be a complete misery but long-term I've actually made my peace with it so long as there's a club to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil
    Remember the glorious days no one knew anything or cared about ownership etc?

Barring a (big) league expansion, Motherwell are heading for the First Division (or worse) sooner or later and right now it looks like sooner. It's exactly what we deserve given no one wants to own us and the size/energy of our fanbase in taking up the Well Society.

However, for all the flaws of the Society, the basic situation hasn't changed. It's not the Society or something better, it's the Society or nothing. The actually process of being relegated will clearly be a complete misery but long-term I've actually made my peace with it so long as there's a club to support.
    Indeed in years gone by the financial well being of the club was the responsibility of those who owned it. Football has been very skilled over the years at transferring responsibility over to the fans and now fans talk about the inner workings as much as the sh1te that's on th

I think Steviex has hit the nail on the head and I would hazard a guess the words of a public servant!!!

I think much of what we're seeing is a football club struggling with its identity. MFC purports to be family club and it champions its position in the community as one of its primary principles when seeking to grow the well society.

In reality, it hasn't managed to engage with the 'well family, failed to widen its fan base or revenue from within its own community and abjectly failed in expanding its capability to articulate its vision or indeed internal mechanisms to its fan base and future 'well society members.

Obviously, the growth of social media has ripped up old ways of working but when simple things (and I mean club and 'well society) such as emailing responses to fans questions, it serves only to further remove the club from its fan base and the very principles the club aspires to.

So basically, Flow, if you still read these forums, take stock. No one wants you t

[quote="well_doon_sooth"]I think Steviex has hit the nail on the head and I would hazard a guess the words of a public servant!!!

I think much of what we're seeing is a football club struggling with its identity. MFC purports to be family club and it champions its position in the community as one of its primary principles when seeking to grow the well society.

In reality, it hasn't managed to engage with the 'well family, failed to widen its fan base or revenue from within its own community and abjectly failed in expanding its capability to articulate its vision or indeed internal mechanisms to its fan base and future 'well society members.

Obviously, the growth of social media has ripped up old ways of working but when simple things (and I mean club and 'well society) such as emailing responses to fans questions, it serves only to further remove the club from its fan base and the very principles the club aspires to.

So basically, Flow, if you still

My God, this post is so depressing!
    We are where we are in Scottish football because of the laziness of the powers that be allowing the old firm to dominate our game. It's all fine & good to have 50000 folk turn up at each home game, thus filling the coffers of these 2 clubs in a way that none of us in Scotland could ever hope to replicate.........unless the whole setup is changed.
    I was going on about it 2 years ago, felt it was worthy of comment then (when we were actually doing pretty well) and is certainly worth mentioning again. Please don't be offended.......
    The game in this country is just about finished. There's not enough money to attract decent players, outside of Celtic, and pretty well every club is skint. A half decent player is off south as soon as he can get away, the youth setup across all clubs generates a few good lads who can be developed, and then sold.
    We have 3 divisions below the SPL who are basically part-time and at a poor non league level compared to Engl

I do believe the game in this country needs a leader let alone our club. Having 4 leagues is completely crazy. I would love to see the split scrapped. 18 team top league. With four teams being relegated/ promoted. Teams playing each other twice. The league cup later stages made into a 2 legged affair. A Friday night magazine program introduced say on bbc 2 covering the weekends games. With focus on training at different clubs each week.
    Stop sportscene at silly o'clock on a Sunday night. Granted the game has challenges but I really think all challenges can be met with the right people leading the way. It's not always about money or is it?

Sorry but it is all about the money,football is no longer a sport played on a Saturday but a seven day a week business .Its money that makes the world go round I'm afraid and will be the death of football in this country the way things are going?

Yes it's about the money. Football is a buisness with many facets an the people in charge are doing a great job of killing out national sport. Although saying that those very same people warned us if rangers went belly up. The game in this country would die and dozens of clubs would go belly up. This has not happened. I still think that the press and the people in the top jobs want the game in this country to die so they can try to join a British set up with Celtic and rangers being the main winners. Celtic Rangers and the Scottish football big wigs want everything from outside the city clubs in this country to die. That's why the split was brought in to the top league to try to make the city clubs stronger. Well that failed. We need people at the top kicked out. Neil Doncaster? Really? Is this the best we can do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)