+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Green is weak link at moment

re: Green is weak link at moment

If you want to slow the game down put Green on, I'm not saying he's rubbish but no way should he be on the pitch for 90mins.

I'm surprised at the criticism of Green. I thought he had a decent game. I like the energy he brings (that goes against the idea he was knackered after 20 mins). On occasions Toffolo defended very narrow that left him out wide against their winger (which isn't his best position) - so when the ball dropped back to midfield he couldn't press.

give the guy a break, he gave everything tonight and some of his passes were first rate. The guy is at the end of his career and yes looks too slow for championship but can't fault his effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller
    give the guy a break, he gave everything tonight and some of his passes were first rate. The guy is at the end of his career and yes looks too slow for championship but can't fault his effort.
    So are we now a charity club?

I thought he played quite well and probably covered as much ground as anyone. I thought he helped out the new Left Back loads as he had a very skillful wingers to contend with.
    It seems that Green is this seasons whipping boy now that Halford is out of the team. Last night was a good performance and there's no need to single anyone out.

Green thought he was going to come off mid way through the 2nd half. Can't fault him, he covers well. If Newell could get fit for friday, could imagine him playing the Green role, would link up well with the loanie left back. Maguire for Derbyshire?

Green is an unadventurous player but is valuable in the midfield holding role. Last night though we had Thorpe doing the defensive midfielder duties so Green was expected to go forward more, which he isn't good at. He put in a lot of effort though and provided valuable back up to our full backs so that they weren't left in one on one situations.

Agree that he's the latest scapegoat though, by a hairsbreadth from Maguire.

I don't get what people see in green, last night all he did was pass sideways and backwards :/ he cant wait to get rid of the ball and on the odd occasion he does come forward he fluffs it

but we all see things different ! at least others have left garbyshire alone he must have about 90mins left before he is sh.te again ? oh hold on

i thought he did well last night. i thought he had to work so hard to help out the left back who to me looked very shakey defensively. I'd say he's better off the ball than with it as his passing lets him down at times. he does have an amazing knack of getting on the end of crosses but he can't ever finish them. its a running joke with me and the people i sit next to

had another *********e game, did nothing but go backwards and sideways and was a relief when he went off

don't think many of the others did themselves proud either :/

redfearn really has his work cut out just hope he aint got a light grey suit as he looks like scotty stood in the technical area hope he aint got a formula

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast