+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green is weak link at moment

Green is weak link at moment

Weak, slow and negative.
    Looked absolutely spent after an hour which allowed their winger and full back to target our left back,( who I thought had a good game).
    Got skinned near full time to give them a clear chance. Stood 5 yards off his man all the time as he was so tired.
    Why he was not subbed I don't know.
    How on earth did Redfearn pick him in front of Andreu at Brentford?

re: Green is weak link at moment

Funny how we as fans see things differently.

I thought Green had a good game tonight. He's no Ronaldo but did little wrong in my eyes.

Certainly wouldn't tag him with a weak link title.

I also thought he did his job. Playing the system we did will always leave space down the flanks but for the most part we coped with it well. Personally wouldn't play Smallwood and Thorpe as some have suggested. I would play newell instead of green if fit though

Quote Originally Posted by BellBoy
    Weak, slow and negative.
    Looked absolutely spent after an hour which allowed their winger and full back to target our left back,( who I thought had a good game).
    Got skinned near full time to give them a clear chance. Stood 5 yards off his man all the time as he was so tired.
    Why he was not subbed I don't know.
    How on earth did Redfearn pick him in front of Andreu at Brentford?

He's the new scapegoat now Pringle had gone wasn't that bad tonight but hey Evans and redfern must know nothing cause they both played him

To be fair he isnt as young as he was and he always gives 100%< I thought he did tire a bit at the end as some of the young uns did as well. I think he will only be used as a squad player this season but he is a reasonable player to have when we are knacked with injuries and suspensions.

Green is a good player on the ball but absolute shocking off the ball, he was giving their midfield players aces of space tonight and very slow at closing people down, i think we signed him a few seasons too late because to me it looks like his legs have gone.

I thought he had a good game too, then again I also thought he had a better game than Smallwood at Brentford.
    Strange how we all see the same match and have wildly differing opinions innit?

I think he covers a lot of ground, my only problem with him is his finishing, hes one of the worse I've ever seen.

He is what he is, a decent lower half champ player

decent performance for me. his usual roll is through the middle putting his foot in and breaking up play. tonight he was asked to play a sitting roll infront of the new LB as someone posted a few days ago. reading are very strong down the right side...
    dont get me wrong. im playing newell in front of him every day when both fit.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88
    Green is a good player on the ball but absolute shocking off the ball, he was giving their midfield players aces of space tonight and very slow at closing people down, i think we signed him a few seasons too late because to me it looks like his legs have gone.
    Is that phrase out of the coaching manual 'his legs have gone'

What is that supposed to even mean?? Put him in a race against Smallwood and see who'll win?

To be fair Smallwood would probably suddenly pull up after 10 yards and run back towards to the starting line!!!

Redfearn was a top class midfielder for many years who played at the highest level and he picked him tonight as he can see that he can still do a good job for us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast