+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We will keep track in years

re: We will keep track in years

Yes lotty Im still staggered by the bitterness & resentfullness of many Burnley supporters cause we were lucky enough to have a generous benefactor and you werent....remember we have won the Premier league... something a "big club" like Liverpool havent achieved yet.......But your comments are well made. Burnley are known as one of the best run clubs in the Championship with an excellent manager to boot. I agree Gary Bowyer does "bleat on"about how "unlucky"we are and the"ref"isnt helping us.

He should thank Venkys one thousand fold for their generosity of spirit for keeping him in a job........

Lotty, I never said you were having a dig. I haven't seen any post match stuff. I was there and was a only a few feet from Bowyer, (thanks to a relocation to the posh seats to accomodate your fans that can sacrifice their dignity to be herded like cattle into coaches). So I saw the same as he did. I know what's wrong at the club and if you ever do figure out where anyone is coming from, please feel free to enlighten everyone else. I am aware that to an extent, money talks in football, after that it's about how you use the money, (as Bob's point about Liverpool shows). As for football fans, it doesn't matter what club they support, their views and whinges will be diverse. I know damn well that Rovers are in the position they are in because of idiotic decision making and dodgy agents. It's all very well documented. There is no one but the owners to blame for that. And that fat wobbly ex-PNE thing is not one of 'mine,' he's just another chancer riding the Venkeys wave taking a pay cheque.

The wheels were falling off and debts rising before Venkeys arrived weren't they?

Oh dear another one^^^^
    Did you think of that while chomping on claret tonys pork sword
    yes we did have a debt of to my knowledge £25 million which would of been cleared by the influx of television revenue
    alas it wasn't to be venkys ridiculous stupidity and the vultures of kean and Anderson destroyed all that
    but you won't of noticed that though just the fact we squandered money and we got what was coming to us.

So Kean being manager (doing the job he'd been employed to do, albeit poorly) is a vulture due to him being paid?
    As for your comment "we did have a debt of to my knowledge £25 million which would of been cleared by the influx of television revenue" you're either nieve or have no real concept of how a business's are run.
    Having read a selections of your posts robin..... perhaps your lack of years could be the answer.

Look at the revenue generated by bt and sky it is going up season on season
    why do you think a large portion of the championship is spending like their lives depend on it
    the massive pot of gold which awaits
    our debt would of been swallowed up no 2 ways about it
    and do your homework kean was a vulture along with his buddy who filled venkys heads with false and very damaging advice
    we lost our stability in a few months due to those 2 poisonous snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by barry_chuckle
    The wheels were falling off and debts rising before Venkeys arrived weren't they?
    No, the books were balanced by selling good players and TV money. There was the odd shortfall here and there, but nothing silly or unsutainable.

Next

Exactly
    just the point I was making
    tv revenue covered debts and with rising tv deals the strength of our pot of money would of increased
    that is gone now we have championship football for the foreseeable future
    I don't mind this but the bank of India might not

Quote Originally Posted by barry_chuckle
    So Kean being manager (doing the job he'd been employed to do, albeit poorly) is a vulture due to him being paid?
    It depends how much you know about the situation when you decide to comment on Kean. He's a quick shortend version of events. Jerome Anderson is an Agent and he was engaged by the Walker Trust to find a buyer, for which he would be paid. He struggled and eventually found the Venky's who he knew, knew nothing about football but wished to promote their brand. After the deal was brokered, that should have been that and he should have moved on. However, he stayed around. During this time, the board of directors were bypassed in decision making, He was the agent for Steve Kean, so a bit of a conflict of interests that he was promoted from coach to manager. His son was then signed by Kean. So, the evidence suggests that Steve Kean wasn't so much appointed as manager, but as a conduit for Jerome Anderson to further feat

DanRR - I wasn't insinuating you were having a dig so apologies if it came out that way .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)